WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this watch on the bay. Unfortunately, I don't know what model it is. Can someone give this watch an identity?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Look at the case back. There will be a model number as well as a module number.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at the case back. There will be a model number as well as a module number.
The watch hasn't even shipped yet, not possible right now. I don't want to ask seller either. I just thought it would be interesting for someone on WUS to give it a name.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I just bought this watch on the bay. Unfortunately, I don't know what model it is. Can someone give this watch an identity?

It is the GC-2000-2A the early versions that did not have the MTG text written on the dial. It is one of the first all analogue MTG model dropped in 1999 and retailed around $200. They made a big fuzz about it having a antimagnetic movement, which was rare back in those days, hence that sinus curve printed on the dial. I like that curve!:-!

This is a very rare piece that you found!:-!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the GC-2000-2A the early versions that did not have the MTG text written on the dial. It is one of the first all analogue MTG model dropped in 1999 and retailed around $200. They made a big fuzz about it having a antimagnetic movement, which was rare back in those days, hence that sinus curve printed on the dial. I like that curve!:-!

This is a very rare piece that you found!:-!
Wow, Thank you for the information and for giving this watch a name. GC-2000-2a is a very unusual model number for a g-shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts