WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks good |>
I changed out the oyster on my Atlas Landshark for a kevlar and it was the best thing I did. Way more comfortable and I wear it a lot more :)
It's a great color for that watch. Makes it look more 'technical.'

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Straps are, in my opinion, the single most underappreciated aspect of watches.:-( They can take an average watch and elevate it to new heights or take a magnificent watch and make it completely forgettable. Or, as in your case, take an older watch that has seen some service and breathe some life into it by making it look like a different watchB-)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Straps are, in my opinion, the single most underappreciated aspect of watches.:-( They can take an average watch and elevate it to new heights or take a magnificent watch and make it completely forgettable. Or, as in your case, take an older watch that has seen some service and breathe some life into it by making it look like a different watchB-)
True, True.
Nearly everybody who bought one of the TJMAXX 42mm Hamilton Khakis a few weeks ago bought straps to replace those tan canvas factory 'leftovers' shipped with the watches.
I was prompted to go out and get three with quick change, but now think a better choice would be the big honking thick aviator/military style straps, to balance the thickness of the case.

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
True, True.
Nearly everybody who bought one of the TJMAXX 42mm Hamilton Khakis a few weeks ago bought straps to replace those tan canvas factory 'leftovers' shipped with the watches.
I was prompted to go out and get three with quick change, but now think a better choice would be the big honking thick aviator/military style straps, to balance the thickness of the case.
I would have liked to get in on that TJ Maxx deal but there are none in Canada :-(
Nice strap choices!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Vehicle Car Transport Luxury vehicle Watch

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Green Fashion accessory

Airplane Aircraft Vehicle Aviation Air force

I agree, strappin' is definitely the way to go. I notice too many people wearing uninspired and boring stainless-bracelet mall watches. Once I swapped out the Oyster on my Alpha Paul Newman I was hooked. I think many watch enthusiasts who say straps aren't for them, just haven't tried them.

And when you add a deployant clasp to the mix, it's all the better!

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
View attachment 30357

View attachment 30355

View attachment 30356

I agree, strappin' is definitely the way to go. I notice too many people wearing uninspired and boring stainless-bracelet mall watches. Once I swapped out the Oyster on my Alpha Paul Newman I was hooked. I think many watch enthusiasts who say straps aren't for them, just haven't tried them.

And when you add a deployant clasp to the mix, it's all the better!
I like the strap on the Trias.

One issue is availability. Everyone here at Affordables is aware of cost. What some aren't aware of is that some of us can't wear factory standard straps - they're too small. I've sold more straps on eBay than watches:think:

I went on a search recently for sellers who stock a selection of longer (215mm+) straps (standards are 180-190mm). I've found some that are very reasonable that look terrific. This has led to several of my previously Bracelted watches receiving straps:)

So far I have only found 1 vendor that has quick-change bars on XL straps and I haven't ordered from him yet.

I also have to second the vote for Deployants - terrific invention and a fine addition to any watch. Convenience of a bracelet but style of a strap all in one!B-)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I like the strap on the Trias.

One issue is availability. Everyone here at Affordables is aware of cost. What some aren't aware of is that some of us can't wear factory standard straps - they're too small.
YES! The first thing I do when I get a new watch is get a longer strap. One problem with leather straps is that they wear out after awhile. But that can be a good thing too, because then you have to get a new one and that can be a fun thing :-D
We watch nuts like to mix things up, don't we? We are constantly changing what watch we wear, what strap we put on what watch, what watch we like the most at that particular moment.
All to keep the excitement going :-D :-D
And watch collecting is an exciting hobby!
Enjoy :-!
Dave

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've actually gone the other way; I put a stainless bracelet on my beater Ironman, and it did make it look like an entirely new watch. Now I own four watches with stainless bracelets. I wanted stainless because I found that conventional straps would become contaminated and wear out after a period of time. I'm wearing my new classic Ironman with the quick-wrap band today, and find it's definitely more comfortable than the stainless. Can't beat stainless for durability and great looks, but now I'm thinking about a good everyday analog watch with the same comfort as the new Ironman.

·
Registered
242 Posts
True, True.
This works both ways. After re-strapping the Hammie you have a perfectly good nato for your go-to night time watch!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts