WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many watches, so little time. As many here, I want all my watches to be enjoyed by someone, not just sit in the case. One idea was to make a facebook contest for the prize - whoever is willing to do a research on various watch related questions and post right answers can join, the last one standing wins it for free. There went the Kenneth Cole Chrono. The purpose is to make people to pay attention to watches, their interesting aspects, learn something and so on ;)

However, I still have a dream of some poor child somewhere for whom the watch would be not only a joy but some valuable help in life too. (Yes, I also see a greedy bully immediately robbing the kid)

Anyway, what are your ideas or interesting projects maybe? Perhaps, we can do something good a little, having fun too

·
Registered
440 Posts
A charity contribution in exchange for a watch giveaway. When I think of the gobs of money spent on this forum for watches it seems more than one party should benefit on occasion. With this sort of giveaway a member gets a watch that they want and a charity also benefits.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Any kind of giveaway needs to fall within the criteria of rule 4. So no raffles, auctions etc.

4 No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by Watchuseek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact Ernie Romers or a forum moderator.

The giveaways that have taken place here have all been just that, giveaways.

Thanks,
Zippofan

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any kind of giveaway needs to fall within the criteria of rule 4. So no raffles, auctions etc.

4 No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by Watchuseek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact Ernie Romers or a forum moderator.

The giveaways that have taken place here have all been just that, giveaways.

Thanks,
Zippofan
thanks for reminding us - I 'm just curious what are good ideas, to execute outside this site. It seems that liquifying watches into money for charity donations is the common advice. Makes sense, although I hoped for some kind of watch for a person projects. But, well, it's rather a hobby, not necessity, so I get it.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Why don't you just get the approval? I mean I have seen watches sold before on this site and the post simply gave the data of the the watch being sold and the data that the money would go to this or what cause. This would be just a for sale post and you can get it properly authorized so as to make it following the rules.

It would not be a post in the affordable forum but the sales forum. I have seen a few like this also in other forums like TZUK.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am trying to go the charity route with another WUS member through private messages. The member is looking for a particular part for a watch they own and I have the same watch in working order that I was going to donate to a local charity. The idea popped into my head to arrange for a nominal online donation for a national charity from them and I would send my watch to the WUS member. Since someone on WUS was looking for parts for a particular watch I thought that my watch would benefit that person specifically and I could still get a charity to benefit in the deal. Asking for proof of their donation may be the kink in the arrangement. It can be done but, still, I suppose it could look like an attempt at some sort of scam so maybe I am going about it the wrong way. To date, it does not appear that the member has looked at the pictures I posted of my watch but they don't frequent WUS with regularity. It is a wait and see for now if there is any follow through. If a sufficient amount of time has passed then I will just go ahead with my original plan to donate the watch locally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts