WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just found those board, and hope someone can provide some help to my problem...I have a GL-140 that i got from a friend, but no instruction manual. THe GL-140 has a temp gauge on it so can read ambient temp, however, its in C and i want to set it to F - anyone know how, or maybe where i can find a manual for this model? THANKS for any help anyone can provide... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading up on a thread from Atomic along the same lines...and was saying in there that it looks like some watches that might be targeted at particular markets might just only have the C readings and no F conversion.... :(

However, if you can prove otherwise, you got yourself a Huge Thanks coming your way... hahaha

looks like the model on the back says 1681

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gshockwu said:
I was reading up on a thread from Atomic along the same lines...and was saying in there that it looks like some watches that might be targeted at particular markets might just only have the C readings and no F conversion.... :(

However, if you can prove otherwise, you got yourself a Huge Thanks coming your way... hahaha

looks like the model on the back says 1681

Thanks again!!
I looked it up on the casio website and unfortunately dont see a way to convert cel. to far....... sorry?!
the thread you were refering to i think was mine, referencing a dw 6100 that has a temp graph...
Double check with Sjors or Ozzie...

·
Banned
3,776 Posts
You are correct as far as I know Dev.

We all use different measurements in different corners so I guess that's why, hence different country models.

Strange really as Japan uses same as Oceania, Europe, although JA models only and US different again.

The SEA PATHFINDER'S are PRO TREK'S could have a changer but I doubt it.

All the best - OZZ

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks Ozzie... the protreks i think can convert... at least i can on my prg-70... there are also some great sites for temp conversion... just google temp conversion... and if nothing else.. you use your noodle a bit more!! :-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info guys - and yup, after reading up, looks like I will be getting better with C to F calculations on the fly... :)

Great board here, and great responses...Thanks again Gshockers! :thanks

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
Hi G-ShockWu,

Although the manual only rites about ºC and I have a large suspicion it's not able to convert into ºC, you might try this:

Go to temperature mode (I believe on your watch it's the uper right) and enter the adjust mode. Try presing mode once. If it's on your watch, it will jump into the ºF mode. Let me know if this worked. I know that JP models don't have ºF feature. I remember AntonisCy's Python DW-6100's didn't want to go to ºF mode. Personally I don't see the need why to make a different module for the JP market for the DW-6100, but maybe the GL-140 was a JP only model.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THanks Sjors...and sorry for the delayed reply...I gave the below a shot, and yup, no ºF reading can be found. So looks like my Japanese born 1681 will continue to be fully functional, albiet, ºC temp gauge... :)

Thanks again for all the help, suggestions, and replies!!

:thanks

Sjors said:
Hi G-ShockWu,

Although the manual only rites about ºC and I have a large suspicion it's not able to convert into ºC, you might try this:

Go to temperature mode (I believe on your watch it's the uper right) and enter the adjust mode. Try presing mode once. If it's on your watch, it will jump into the ºF mode. Let me know if this worked. I know that JP models don't have ºF feature. I remember AntonisCy's Python DW-6100's didn't want to go to ºF mode. Personally I don't see the need why to make a different module for the JP market for the DW-6100, but maybe the GL-140 was a JP only model.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts