WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
53,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glashütte Original often takes inspiration for the colour of its dials from the natural beauty of the Ore Mountains.

2D32EFC1-C146-4EB6-A673-5C1111E4FE06.jpeg

This time, the tall fir trees surrounding the manufactory inspired the designers to capture the intense shades of green and to immortalize them on the dial of the new PanoMaticLunar. Working closely with their colleagues in the watchmaker's in-house dial manufactory in Pforzheim, they transformed the brass dial blanks into green masterpieces.

CBD05E46-8D36-4AF2-802F-A02806500C95.jpeg

The experts responsible for this impressive range of different shades work in Glashütte Original’s in-house dial manufactory in Pforzheim, Germany. After they have first given the dial a coat of galvanic nickel, the outer edge is carefully sprayed with black lacquer to produce the special dégradé effect. The entire surface is then coated with transparent green lacquer. The result of this hand-crafted, highly detailed work is a special colour gradient that renders each dial unique.

D8518F8E-288D-4A26-AA02-1A5450FD05A4.jpeg

The silver-coloured moon of the moon phase display is reminiscent of a shimmering lake surrounded by the fascinating green of the dial. The complex crafting of the moon disc is also undertaken in Pforzheim.

B89FB7C2-0F84-43C6-A994-C3C774991F38.jpeg

63B5FD90-F76A-4898-9DB8-7348F2A0CE1E.jpeg

Available: June2020

Pics©Glashütte Original

Info: PanoMaticLunar

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The GO green is always outstanding. Looked amazing on the 60s, 60s square, and the 70s. And looks amazing here as well!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Love that green, but I don't think it works well with the dial. The green appears sporty while the overall demeanour of the watch is much dressier. Still a lovely looking thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
but at this 12.7mm there is nothing dressy about it anyway. dress watches are small thin. no lume. this is an every day watch. dont pretend it to be what this watch is not. if you want a dress watch from glashutte it would have to be a senator ex. in white dial.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Glashütte Original often takes inspiration for the colour of its dials from the natural beauty of the Ore Mountains.

This time, the tall fir trees surrounding the manufactory inspired the designers to capture the intense shades of green and to immortalize them on the dial of the new PanoMaticLunar. Working closely with their colleagues in the watchmaker's in-house dial manufactory in Pforzheim, they transformed the brass dial blanks into green masterpieces.

View attachment 15075873

The experts responsible for this impressive range of different shades work in Glashütte Original’s in-house dial manufactory in Pforzheim, Germany. After they have first given the dial a coat of galvanic nickel, the outer edge is carefully sprayed with black lacquer to produce the special dégradé effect. The entire surface is then coated with transparent green lacquer. The result of this hand-crafted, highly detailed work is a special colour gradient that renders each dial unique.

View attachment 15075851

The silver-coloured moon of the moon phase display is reminiscent of a shimmering lake surrounded by the fascinating green of the dial. The complex crafting of the moon disc is also undertaken in Pforzheim.

View attachment 15075891

Available: June2020

PicsGlashütte Original

Info: https://www.glashuette-original.com/collection/pano/panomaticlunar/1-90-02-13-32-02
Super gorgeous. Wow. But I think, for me, it’s still the blue dial.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
This does look amazing but the blue dial is my preference. I could of course change my mind when I see it in person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going to get the blue dial and still might. But I’m really starting to like the green dial.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love this watch and love green dials but they don't work together well for me. Any other dial color for this watch, esp. blue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Gorgeous dial color. But I can never get past their seeming need to label the moonphase and date as if we have no idea what those two things are.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gorgeous dial color. But I can never get past their seeming need to label the moonphase and date as if we have no idea what those two things are.
I know some say this but frankly many other brands do similar in principle (how many say automatic, perpetual, whatever else). The labeling is intrinsic to the identification and yes it is clear that's what they are but without it (there are no outside numbers/fractionated elements/rings/minute segments, the dial would be off balance and not look right. I can totally see why they put it there as it counterweights the dial. It is obvious on one hand, however the second point I think is relevant is the following: This is a fine and proud German timepiece with history. I personally love the fact that it has German script on it. It is romantic, a perfect reference to the country and watchmaking history, and the brand. Every time I see it I am bonded with its German roots and think that is fascinating. Part of why I love buying other German items for technical reasons (i.e. sports cars, etc). BTW, those things also come with unnecessary logos as well, but they are defining of the model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts