WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a chance to pop up to a store in northern New Jersey, timepiece collection, where I came across the 2019 edition of the senator 60s while wearing my 2018 Edition.

Thought it would be interesting to post side by side pictures.

Interesting to see the true difference in Coloring between the two 2019 Editions. As you may know, each his hand lacquered and painted to make them completely unique, but this is the biggest difference in these two types of dials that I've seen.

And I'll include a few others that I tried on, including this absolutely gorgeous rose gold Blancpain bathyscape which sort of blew my mind.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
So the green GO is yours? Definitely the prettiest of the 3.

The Chopard is a knockout.

Love the original design Fifty Fathoms you post at the bottom. Just a fantastic design. I've owned two and never bonded but I do love their look. The Bathscaphe is nothing special to me.

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I still like your "Green Hornet" best!

Out of the others I liked the Zenith Flyback and FF.

I like how you tried to cover up the 4:30 date window on the Bathy! ;)

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still like your "Green Hornet" best!

Out of the others I liked the Zenith Flyback and FF.

I like how you tried to cover up the 4:30 date window on the Bathy! ;)
Green Hornet... I like that! :)

I think with the right tattoo, that orange one would look pretty killer. :)

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Love the original design Fifty Fathoms you post at the bottom. Just a fantastic design. I've owned two and never bonded but I do love their look. The Bathscaphe is nothing special to me.
The green one is mine.:)

Agree about the Chopard. That dial was special. I need to see if I can read about what the dial is actually made of.

Reactions: Actium

·
Premium Member
8,445 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and your thoughts. I much prefer the colouring of your 2018 GO's green dial over the colouring of the 2019 GO's orange sunburst dial. Also, the dials of the L.U. Chopard, the Blancpain and Zenith Flyback are interesting as well.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts

I wish you could take the hands and indices of the Bathyscape and put them on the original FF

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
GO without the date window, fantastic! With such a nice dial, I want to see as much of it as possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GO without the date window, fantastic! With such a nice dial, I want to see as much of it as possible.

I totally get that, but for so many years, being intrigued by this model well before the green one came out, I was always drawn to the one with the date, and began to see that as the style of this given watch. In a weird way, I think the one without the date looks like it has too much empty space in that area. Of course, with these crazy colorful dials, that's gorgeous space, but my eye wants to see a little something there. I guess that's great why they have the two different versions!

Reactions: woiter

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I totally get that, but for so many years, being intrigued by this model well before the green one came out, I was always drawn to the one with the date, and began to see that as the style of this given watch. In a weird way, I think the one without the date looks like it has too much empty space in that area. Of course, with these crazy colorful dials, that's gorgeous space, but my eye wants to see a little something there. I guess that's great why they have the two different versions!
Did you ever get to compare it hands on to the spezimatik it is based on? Love the watch, just totally outside of my price range for now. Also as a dress watch even if I could afford it I am not sure if 39mm is to big for me. The 36mm on the vintage spezi might be the better proportioned and budget appropriate watch for my wrist and wallet.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you ever get to compare it hands on to the spezimatik it is based on? Love the watch, just totally outside of my price range for now. Also as a dress watch even if I could afford it I am not sure if 39mm is to big for me. The 36mm on the vintage spezi might be the better proportioned and budget appropriate watch for my wrist and wallet.

I've never seen the Vintage one. Those watches are just so small for me they're not really something I can consider.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've never seen the Vintage one. Those watches are just so small for me they're not really something I can consider.
double post

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Should have been out of my price range, too!

Reactions: Actium

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

+1 to all of that.

Reactions: Gary123 and 41Mets

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
I prefer your green dial as well. The LUC is a looker too for sure

1 - 20 of 32 Posts