WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I was up there a few weeks back and saw the big date 2019 one and I didn't like it at all. Colors looked completely washed out and very brown and dull. The no date version wasn't there at the time but that one looks way better and more vibrant like the promotional photos. But either way your green version is still the best!

Thanks for sharing all the photos! I love the blancpain bathyscaphe line as well, the entire line looks incredible in person.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I prefer your green dial as well. The LUC is a looker too for sure
I know nothing about the Luc but that dial is something for sure!

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If only these were 36mm-38mm...

Beautiful watch, have admired it on your posts for a while :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I feel like the 39 wears small. Even though it's all dial, there are other 39 mm watches I've put on my wrist that I would feel confident wearing and this one I didn't feel like I could pull off.

Reactions: smalleq

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
The green is by far the better looking option!

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Orange and Green are my two favorite colors (though not together), but the green didn't interest me as the fade to black reduced it's usability for me (I generally avoid black in my wardrobe, which means no black belts or shoes). It's currently on a blue strap right now (it's the only 19mm strap I had handy and didn't feel like wearing the OEM gator strap at the moment) as I wait for a custom brown strap to be delivered.

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Orange and Green are my two favorite colors (though not together), but the green didn't interest me as the fade to black reduced it's usability for me (I generally avoid black in my wardrobe, which means no black belts or shoes). It's currently on a blue strap right now (it's the only 19mm strap I had handy and didn't feel like wearing the OEM gator strap at the moment) as I wait for a custom brown strap to be delivered.

Looks like you have the right outfit for that watch today! Beautiful. :)

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
One thing I noticed, and I'm wondering if anyone knows why, but the green 2018 Edition as well as the regular silver, blue, and black dial prices had always been 9400 usd with the date and 7400 usd without the date. The 2019 orange Edition is $8,000 with the date and $6,400 without the date.

Do we know if glashutte reduce their prices for a reason?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They reduced their prices across the entire line. Apparently US prices were higher than the rest of the world and they adjusted them to be in line. At least that's what a dealer told me. Ended up being an average of like 20% across the board.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
One thing I noticed, and I'm wondering if anyone knows why, but the green 2018 Edition as well as the regular silver, blue, and black dial prices had always been 9400 usd with the date and 7400 usd without the date. The 2019 orange Edition is $8,000 with the date and $6,400 without the date.

Do we know if glashutte reduce their prices for a reason?
Yeah I was a bit saddened to hear that they dropped the price significantly this year after having paid quite a bit for the Green date model last year. Oh well, happens, you can't win em all.

I vastly prefer the green dial to the new Orange one having tried it on side by side in day light and AD lights. The Orange one has an oddly shiny appearance in person and loses depth under direct light, the green one soaks up light and gives added depth and personality. The black degrade also looks better on the green vs the Orange. But then thats my opinion, I'm sure there are folks who like the orange, and its a terrific price for the same watch that was 1500 bucks more last year!

I got the date version cos it does not look too formal, and has more personality, the no-date is a terrific dressy watch with pizzaz, but I didnt want a dressy watch and liked the bigger bolder look even on my smaller wrist. Love the "green hornet" as someone else stated, enjoy yours!

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
21 - 32 of 32 Posts