WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Yes, it is.

Go look at the LAST picture in post #10 of this thread: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/dw5600c-crystal-removal-906169.html -- there is picture of a two crystals from a DW-5600C, including one that cracked while being removed from the case.

It's also why we DON'T regularly see a lot of broken crystals here at f17. :) Glass can be strong, mineral crystal is stronger, THICK mineral crystal is even stronger still!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
While the squares' may not be that thick, some of the round G's are having a pretty thick crystal. I remember seeing a thread from another member about a year ago, with a picture showing just how thick it was while he's replacing it. So far none of the keywords I tried able to find that thread yet.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Can water go past the glass? Is the module water proof? or is it the outer shell? Or both?
No. That picture doesn't really show the main watch underneath the bezel. They look like normal watches with the buttons extending a little farther than normal. I created a thread for pictures of these a few weeks back.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The red bits are the the magic that maketh the G-Shock, without them the G-Shock would be a G-Break-and-never-work-again. They are the insulating protection for the module from external shocks or vibrations.

·
Registered
14,751 Posts
Interesting thread Rostov, does anybody know the exact thickness/mm of casio crystals? are they all the same thickness regardless of model or do some models have different thickness crystals?
cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a big nick on my glass
Do you guys have a go to site for replacement parts and resins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I have a big nick on my glass
Do you guys have a go to site for replacement parts and resins
In North America, the go-to site is Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. -- even if you don't purchase anything their parts database is a great source of information.

When using the "search by model number" feature, you'll get the best results if you don't use any punctuation like hyphens in the model numbers. It's generally best to use the "short" version of the model number -- if you look for "GW 6900" it will pull up all of the variations of that model -- if you search for "GW 6900 1" it will only pull up THAT version.

And since you're obviously new to their site: "not in stock, usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" is the norm there, as is "not in stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer." The only time to worry is if a part is listed as "DISCONTINUED."

Pacparts is a bit like a typical local garage -- they don't keep one of every single fuel pump, water pump, and radiator from Ford from the last 50 years on the shelf. Gambling that way leads to higher prices because SOMEONE has to pay for those dusty parts from 1980 on their shelf that they may NEVER sell. Instead, they get the parts they need from NAPA or another parts supplier when they need them, and Pacparts does the same sort of thing with Casio and most other electronics parts they sell.

·
Registered
212 Posts
In North America, the go-to site is Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. -- even if you don't purchase anything their parts database is a great source of information.

When using the "search by model number" feature, you'll get the best results if you don't use any punctuation like hyphens in the model numbers. It's generally best to use the "short" version of the model number -- if you look for "GW 6900" it will pull up all of the variations of that model -- if you search for "GW 6900 1" it will only pull up THAT version.

And since you're obviously new to their site: "not in stock, usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" is the norm there, as is "not in stock, awaiting ETA from manufacturer." The only time to worry is if a part is listed as "DISCONTINUED."

Pacparts is a bit like a typical local garage -- they don't keep one of every single fuel pump, water pump, and radiator from Ford from the last 50 years on the shelf. Gambling that way leads to higher prices because SOMEONE has to pay for those dusty parts from 1980 on their shelf that they may NEVER sell. Instead, they get parts when they need them from NAPA or another parts supplier when they need them, and Pacparts does the same sort of thing with Casio and most other electronics parts they sell.
Wow thanks for the info
You the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Wow thanks for the info
Sure thing!

I didn't want you to be scared off by (what will more-than-likely be) a "not in stock" message -- we don't even know which model Casio you need parts for, but there's about a 95% chance they'll be out of stock on any given crystal. And since it seems like 50% of the "where can I buy parts in North America" threads here have "oh no, they're out of stock, now what?" as a follow up question...I just answered ahead of time. ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts