WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recived my black Bernhardt Globemaster yesterday. I am very happy since this is my first "real" watch. Not as thin or small as all my previous watches. It is avery good looking watch.

Thanx Fred.

Pictures will come soon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally some pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great watch, but you now have the sickness.
Your next purchase won't be far behind.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Fred makes a great watch for the price, I love mine (Corsair and new Globemaster).

Congrats on your Globemaster!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update.
Accuracy: The watch have not left my wrist since I got it. I wore all day, in bed and in shower, all the time.
+16 seconds after 23h 40 minutes = Pretty good. :-!

Comfort: The crown had some really sharp edges which was nagging the backside of my hand a little bit. I did something that probably is forbidden in this forum. I took a piece of very fine grinding cloth (don't know if that is the correct english word. In swedish "slipduk") and as gently as I could grinded the sharpest edge. This made a huge difference to a better comfort.
In regard of size, weight readability nothing to complain about.

More info will come later.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Zippofan,

What is the accuracy on your Globemaster? Mine is running 22 seconds fast a day.
I think that is disappointing. The watch is 3 month old, should I wait for it to settle down?

·
Registered
279 Posts
To any Globemaster lover such as myself.
My Globemaster is almost 3 months old and was running +24 secs/day, less than impressive. Not terrible but really not great.
I emailed Fred and he told me a good watch repair place should be able to get it around +7secs.
I am happy to report that after adjusting it, it has been running only +4 secs/day :)

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Hi Adam,

My Globemaster was definitely respectable, but honestly I don't remember the actual daily rate. I sold it awhile back (arrrgh o|) and wish I didn't, but needed the $ at the time as I was between jobs.

I usually only notice if a watch is more than +15sec/day, otherwise I just wear and enjoy. Plus I have too many :-d and rarely wear the same watch 2 days in a row.

Glad to hear yours is running very accurately after adjustment. The nice thing about current ETA movements is they are much easier to adjust than some other brands...adjusting a Seiko 7sxx without a machine is quite the chore ;-)

Cheers,
Griff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts