WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Constellation Globemaster, but if it has a weakness, it's that the bracelet is sub-par. Not terribly attractive; uncomfortable due to its sharp edges; minimal adjustability.

Are there any Omega experts here who can recommend a different Omega bracelet - or any decent quality bracelet for that matter - that would be compatible?

- I've looked at the Staib mesh, and while it appears to be solid, I'm concerned that the end links are too thick and will end up rubbing against the watch case.
- I've looked at the StrapCode metal bracelets, and like the Staib they appear solid as heck, but they also appear way too chunky and heavy for my preferences.

Any others I may be overlooking?

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just saw this thread had risen from the dead (LOL) and wanted to provide an update. After much deliberation, I got a soft leather chamois and just kept rubbing down the inside of the bracelet, a little bit each day. That did the trick. The bracelet is now actually really comfortable.

Also, for those who suggested it, I have the stock leather straps for both the blue AND the white dialed versions. But I'm a bracelet guy. :)

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
434 Posts
I might be in the minority, but I actually find the original bracelet to be VERY comfortable. Sure, no micro adjust, but I never needed it. I wear it slightly loose so that my wrist can swell in the summer, and even when my wrist contracts back the watch stays perfectly in place. This is in contrast to my Seamaster 300 MC where micro-adjust is a must otherwise the watch slides up and down.

It also looks great: nicely brushed with no shiny center links, and looks elegant with its slight curvature. I also like its flush clasp - much better compared to my Seamaster's large clasp for desk diving.

Mandatory photos:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Im struggling with unlocking the second part of the bracelet (this is my first watch ive kept the bracelet on, i usually do straps or nato's). Is there a secret to getting the second part of the clasp to easily open? Ex the lacking micro adjustment, it's very frustrating to do battle with the bracelet every time I want to take it off my wrist. I was actually hoping that globemaster owners that have had the watch for a while already and found suitable bracelet replacements. thanks in advance for any info/assistance

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Im struggling with unlocking the second part of the bracelet (this is my first watch ive kept the bracelet on, i usually do straps or nato's). Is there a secret to getting the second part of the clasp to easily open? Ex the lacking micro adjustment, it's very frustrating to do battle with the bracelet every time I want to take it off my wrist. I was actually hoping that globemaster owners that have had the watch for a while already and found suitable bracelet replacements. thanks in advance for any info/assistance
After you release the first half... stick a finger between the links and the deployment part of the clasp. It'll just pop right out.

Reactions: wickets

·
Registered
666 Posts
After you release the first half... stick a finger between the links and the deployment part of the clasp. It'll just pop right out.
thank you. Ive been doing that but wasn't sure if it was the correct way to open....I'm opening that clasp 4 or 5 times a day and each time the worry grows that it isnt going to last long. For mental health i should just put the watch on a strap but the bracelet combo is just too nice. thanks again for offering assistance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts