WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a Glorious Gold Frogman, purchased a spare bezel and painted the lettering. Voila... A Glorious Dawn.

BTW, the weight, feel, comfort of the frogman is awesome. It really feels different from my 6900 and Mudman.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
That combination looks pretty good.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I might try that out. Mine is the Dawn Black which I got the GG bezel and strap for. Its much easier to change the bezel vs strap. you might want to get some extra screws if you plan on changing it a lot b-)b-)

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Great color combo and I agree about the comfort of the Frog! Can you please share with us how you painted the lettering?

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JES, could you please direct me to a site where I can purchase extra screws? Will they sell the gold ones or just the plain silver?

As for the paint, I used gold nail polish on the "frogman" and "gshock" and white nail polish on the "light" "200m" "log data". I left the "shock resistant" alone.

Applied a coat, let dry for two hours and wiped off with nail polish remover. Applied a second coat, let it sit over night and wiped off again.

I think the gold and white lettering are a nice contrast to the bezel and bands, which is why I didn't opt to stealth it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very nice :-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts