WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow G enthusiasts.I am thinking of buying this specific model that comes with strap adapters and a Zulu type strap afair with a nice fat buckle.I believe its a G-lide winter edition but I would wear it year round.positive display and 10 year battery are a big plus.what exactly gives this watch its low-temp capabilities?
Is it the size of the battery,someone mentioned this before in reference to a vintage WW-5100.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Iirc, low temp LCDs do not display the laggy ghosting that affects regular LCDs at low temps. I think the Low Temp LCDs are good down to -20C. The downside is that they use more power. The upside of the watch you are looking at is that it has a larger battery, likely a (guessing) CR-2025. edit: and it looks good too.

Some other models having this LCD are the G-9000 Mudman series, and the G-7900 Rescue models.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The only downside: the display is smaller and therefore the numbers. GLS-5600CL-1:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Tape adapter is for 23mm tapes. But it is synonymous 24mm tapes, if they are not too thick.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If wearing on your wrist, why would low temp capability matter since your body is going to keep it warm enough. If taken off, who cares if the display lags a bit. Amirite?

·
Registered
396 Posts
If wearing on your wrist, why would low temp capability matter since your body is going to keep it warm enough. If taken off, who cares if the display lags a bit. Amirite?
You could have it strapped on the outside of your winter coat the way divers strap diving watches over their wetsuit.

The only downside: the display is smaller and therefore the numbers.
I find that the viewing angle is also slightly narrower compared to say the GLX-5600 (which has the same size digits) - not dramatically so, but noticeable both looking from the side and from the bottom of the watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts