WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What's the verdict, yay or nay? :)
Personally, I'm in the "nay" camp on the GLS models. I greatly prefer the GLX models. I don't like pink, and I don't like the straps on the GLS models. By contrast, I think the GLX straps are the coolest straps of any 5600 model. The GLX models also have the only tide/moon graphs that I like (not that I have any real use for such things).

But if you like it, buy it. Only your opinion really matters.

b-)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Personally, I'm in the "nay" camp on the GLS models. I greatly prefer the GLX models. I don't like pink, and I don't like the straps on the GLS models. By contrast, I think the GLX straps are the coolest straps of any 5600 model. The GLX models also have the only tide/moon graphs that I like (not that I have any real use for such things).

But if you like it, buy it. Only your opinion really matters.

b-)
Im in the nay catergory to Dirk, Pink on tough hard working watches don't work for me.<|
I guess it's that old saying that applies here, ' one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.' :think:

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im in the nay catergory to Dirk, Pink on tough hard working watches don't work for me.<|
I guess it's that old saying that applies here, ' one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.' :think:
Yeah I don't like pink either, but I guess I just thought the reverse display looked interesting. Now that you guys have pointed it out, I can't stop noticing the "pink" lettering. :-d

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It'd be cool if they had a reverse display of this one.
Or maybe a reversed colored one like on the Crazy Colors, with mirrored digits? That might look better too.

I really want to like this series, but even the In4mation one isn't quite right for me. But that's just me. I wonder is this series is going to develop into many more models. :think:

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or maybe a reversed colored one like on the Crazy Colors, with mirrored digits? That might look better too.

I really want to like this series, but even the In4mation one isn't quite right for me. But that's just me. I wonder is this series is going to develop into many more models. :think:
You know, Riley, I have the same feeling. There just seems to be something "missing" from this series. Same with the GLXs, too. Can't quite put my finger on it...:think:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ouch.. That's just wrong on many levels..lol :-d. I would however buy it for my wife. I showed her the pic, and she advised me that it was very "tacky". <|

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Ouch.. That's just wrong on many levels..lol :-d. I would however buy it for my wife. I showed her the pic, and she advised me that it was very "tacky". <|
Ofcourse it is tacky, anything colorfull usually are. But does it mean it is not likable or that it is ugly?

Me thinks not!

I have alays liked colorfull stuff and consider strong colors to be a feast for the eyes. I have therefor always been puzzled by people that do not like colors and seems to only go for grey or black.

I already have the bright Lime Green version of this GLS model and I like it alot!:-! I also like this Black with pink face version and might buy it too.:-!:p

Then we have the issue of strange categorisations within peoples minds, your wife said it was tacky, would she say the same thing if she where presented by a decorator showing her a nice black or white sofa with some nice shock pink pillows in it? perhaps she would have said that the contrast between the colors looked nice and that she liked it?. But just because we are dealing with a mans watch all of a sudden those same color combos are frowned upon?

My mind never worked like that, with different standards for different stuff. If I like a color then I generally like it for any product.

My first computer was a Pink strawberry iMac. It was my fave in the series but does that make me any less of a man or does it make me a man of poor taste? is Sjors a man of poor taste for wearing his pink crazy color watch?

Or is it just so that our culture is filled with old rotten macho ideals that must be dismantled?

I find it most interesting that women tend to be the ones that are mostly hestitant towards strong colors and men, I never received any bad comments from men when I was wearing my red jelly Triple Eyed Devil DW-6900, but my mom and sister frowned upon it and called it a slightly girly watch, a man should not be wearing a red watch. I could not see it, when looking at me in the mirror I just liked how bright and flashy it was to my eyes, and also I confronted them with how come they bought me a red sweatshirt last Christmas if its a girly color not to be worn by men?. Then they said it is different, a shirt is a shirt a watch is a watch. A meaningless not very smart reply. That only proves that those judgemental opinions are just conservative old macho ideals held by many women. And watches unfortunatelly has been given the task of a cultural bearer that propagate such ideals. Therefor most mens watches are designed to cater to those role models, either the role model of a classic gentleman or the other of a aggressive machoman.

I think it is abit unhealthy and we should strive to change those norms. Therefor I propagate more colorfull watches should be manufactured and worn! Spread the word people!:-!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Take it from a girl who HATES pink.... NAY x100!!! <| However, if you like it, by all means....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Which colors do you like then?
The yellow has been growing on me. I really like the standard black. I like dark colors. I've been trying to branch out. I do have a yellow fox fire and the GG. The orange has been catching my eye, too. One with orange might be in the collection at some point. I like the Rescue Series.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts