WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so hello all.

In early January I grabbed a GLX-5600 as my watches were getting bashed around at times, so thought this was ideal. However after a short while I noticed that the screen was fading when a button was held, I put this down to it being a relatively cheap watch. A few days ago the battery died completely, I've since read that the fading screen was due to a low battery.

I debated sending the watch back as it was 3 months old, but couldn't be bothered; I've now replaced the battery with a fresh one (after fighting with a sticker sticking the battery to the retainer clip! :-|)

I now have a couple of questions. The 'dead' battery was at 2.95V, which seems fairly high to me. This, combined with a 3 month old watch, which claims to have a 7 year battery life, requiring a new battery makes me slightly suspicious about the watch.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou :-!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The output voltage isn't always a good reference about the charge condition of a single cell. Sometimes the voltage is acceptable but the output amperage is low, meaning that the cell cannot give enough electrons even with fair potential difference between the poles.

For a CR2025, 2.95V is almost the brand new condition output voltage. Are you sure the voltimeter/multimeter is measuring with enough precision?

Reactions: memento_mori

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have heard that batteries can 'sag' under load, I guess this could be happening but I have no way of telling really.

The multimeter is inexpensive, but it's been fairly accurate with my Li-Ions which I use regularly, so I don't think it's too far off. However, I can't be sure. I can test it with a Fluke multimeter on Monday, so I'll certainly see what that says. Do you know what the power/current draw on this watch is? I could test possibly test that out if i had something to work to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts