WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few quick pics of my Airman 22 Purist that just arrived this afternoon.

Many Thanks to William @ Falcon Watch. :thanks He was a pleasure to deal with and shipped the same day that they came in. :-! He told me that he only got two of the Purist model. I'm not sure how many of the other two models are available, but I don't expect any of them will last long. :)

After I've worn it for a few days I may add some additional thoughts, but for now all I can say is "SWEET!". I'll let the pictures do the talking now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
congrats. i just received my airman base 22 gmt last week. its an excellent watch.

i would say there is an shortage of the purist models. all places where i asked they had only the gmt models and the ansver was try in september... i just couldt resist and took the gmt...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I got on the list for the Purist from Falcon Watch back on April 22nd. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to get one. It was worth the wait. :)

I don't mind the hour hand tail at all. I bet you could have it removed without too much trouble if you end up getting one. Who knows, maybe you could get a tail-less hour hand direct from Glycine. If you do, maybe I'll get one too if I like the look.

·
3,631 Posts
Yeah, my first thought too.... Sa-weeeeeet.
I like the tail stylistically, historically (I would ignore it functionally).

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
These look great. Thanks for the detailed pics. When the time and availability come, this would be the next 24 hour watch I'd add to the collection. Guess I'm a Purist!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Lovely! Love the strap too - I have ordered one of these for my Special II as I never really cared for the Black with red stitch leather offered with my watch. Looking forward to trying it with the Base 22 brown leather as in your photos - really nice, rich looking leather and a great look.

Nice choice on your 22 - enjoy it.

·
Registered
21,050 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. What's the case size on that bad boy?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Absolutely gorgeous. What's the case size on that bad boy?
42mm w/out crown
11.2mm height w/ mineral glass back
satin bezel and top of lugs/polished elsewhere

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts