WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am ordering this Beauty!! I am flipping my new Zeno for this Glycine.

I have been eying this watch for a long time and just decided to pull the trigger!

Anyone have one of these or owned a Glycine? Impressions of quality, fit and finish, accuracy??

Thanks

Robzilla

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's the Glycine I wanted back when I wanted one-I've changed my mind so many times! Nice watch, do you know if the lume is red at night? Now that would be awesome:p
I totally understand. I go through watches like drinking water! It looks pretty cool to me. ;-)

As far as the lume it does have red superluminova which I do believe glows red. I think the disadvantage to red is that as a color it is not as bright as green or blue. I will see when I get it and let you know!!

And as for the Poljot Buran it does have SuperLuminova in the yellow color which is the best shade for lume. The numbers on the Poljots that I have had glow for a short while and taper off rather quickly. The hands usually glow rather well being legible all night long. Also even though you can't read the numbers you can still see them like markers most of the night.

I do believe $65 for a Poljot Buran is a really good price they retail around $110 plus shipping.

Robzilla

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
The advantage of red lume is that it does not have any effect on your night vision and is not visible from any discernable distance. True combat watches have low-light lume for that reason.

I own 2 Glycine, and while I do like the Combat very much, in Glycine, I prefer their "traditional" look. I have an original Airman, circa 1964, that I bought at the PX in Frankfurt and wore throughou my military career. It has seen a lot of combat, and very little care, and still runs within COSC specs. Recently, I picked up the LP Glycine Airman 2000.....................LUV it!

·
Registered
464 Posts
The advantage of red lume is that it does not have any effect on your night vision and is not visible from any discernable distance. True combat watches have low-light lume for that reason.

As I flash back to lights out flight operations on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz. All the lights on the ship and aircraft were equipped to go red, it was cool. Oh Yeah and nice Glycine too............

·
Registered
464 Posts

I own 2 Glycine, and while I do like the Combat very much, in Glycine, I prefer their "traditional" look. I have an original Airman, circa 1964, that I bought at the PX in Frankfurt and wore throughou my military career. It has seen a lot of combat, and very little care, and still runs within COSC specs. Recently, I picked up the LP Glycine Airman 2000.....................LUV it!

Very nice watch Ken...

What branch were you in?? I am assuming you were a pilot. When did you serve??

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Very nice watch Ken...

What branch were you in?? I am assuming you were a pilot. When did you serve??
ARMY............and, no.............I was not a pilot, although with all of the aerial recon I did in Hueys and LOH 6, I was awarded crew member wings and a few Air medals for close combat missions. I was in during the Vietnam era. I served my 1st couple of years in the Signal Corps Officer and was then transferred to Armor (damn, I loved that branch). I served in the US at Ft Gordon, Ft Knox and a few other posts, in Europe (in STRATCOM and in the 24th INF), Panama, and did 2 combat tours in Vietnam - one in Recon and another as an Infantry Company Commander, both with the Big Red One! Didn't get a pilot's license until my later years............ground pounder all the way! LOVED IT!!!!! Did about 8 years!

·
Registered
464 Posts
ARMY............and, no.............I was not a pilot, although with all of the aerial recon I did in Hueys and LOH 6, I was awarded crew member wings and a few Air medals for close combat missions. I was in during the Vietnam era. I served my 1st couple of years in the Signal Corps Officer and was then transferred to Armor (damn, I loved that branch). I served in the US at Ft Gordon, Ft Knox and a few other posts, in Europe (in STRATCOM and in the 24th INF), Panama, and did 2 combat tours in Vietnam - one in Recon and another as an Infantry Company Commander, both with the Big Red One! Didn't get a pilot's license until my later years............ground pounder all the way! LOVED IT!!!!! Did about 8 years!
I was in a Helo squadron. I was an Electrician in an H3 squadron. Loved flying in Helos, its a blast. I plan to get my license one day.."To fly is heavenly, to Hover is divine":-!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts