WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice that Drop.com (formerly Massdrop.com) is selling a Pepsi bezel Glycine Combat Sub for $399? I thought it was interesting. Here is a link - https://drop.com/buy/drop-glycine-combat-sub-soda-automatic-watch

The watch has the old Glycine logo, which is cool, and a cyclops over the date window (meh).

The web page says they have sold 474 of these so far, and there are still 4 days left to order them.

The estimated ship date is listed as December 3rd, 2019. Evidently they just designed the watch in photoshop for marketing purposes and will manufacture them after the orders come in.

I already have a Combat Sub, which I really like, so I’m not in the market for another one. Still, I think this watch looks pretty cool. The “Soda” name seems a dumb IMHO.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
Interesting. I love the old logo! However, in the picture, the indices look printed, or painted. I think on this watch, they should be applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Dive watch with dive bezel, colored to emulate a GMT for no legitimate reason.

·
Premium Member
36,171 Posts
Nice watch but the cyclops kills it otherwise good looks, IMHO.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I have to wonder about the lume of Glycine watches? I've heard varying opinions.

Also, I'm not sure that I'm willing to wait that long for a watch. Perhaps I'll pick one up used after December. Purely out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Don't like how they bit off Rolex with that minute track, hour markers, faux mercedes hand & bezel font. You can tell Invicta is calling the shots now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like the look of the watch well enough, but soda ? Are the Invicta exec's ketting their children name their products ? They can do better.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Has the design team behind the Invicta Pro-Diver Sub-alike been transferred to the Glycine design department?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Aha! Not interested in this watch, but thanks for explaining that drop.com is what used to be Massdrop. I had missed that.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I like the look of the watch well enough, but soda ? Are the Invicta exec's ketting their children name their products ? They can do better.
another famous Soda

too bad they'll only be available till Dec 19...they can build another A380 by that time as well...look at that bracelet...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Pepsi dial is there for a legit reason. To sell 500 watches. I think they will succeed.
I think there is a decent chance that nowhere on the watch will is say the word "soda" nor will the box, or papers. Maybe on the receipt. Call it Eddie if you want.
I like that these Glycines manage fit nice on low on the wrist. A friend has one and really likes it.

·
Banned
945 Posts
500 people have poor taste.

This is nearly as bad as 24hr GMT bezel inserts on a 3 hander watch.
Or fake vents on new cars.

But lighten up you say!

No, I will not. Lines have to be drawn when it comes to design for the sake of design.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
they just designed the watch in photoshop for marketing purposes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts