WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sinn Moderator
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after getting my Glycine Combat Sub quartz on a rubber strap I mounted the watch on a watchadoo "beads of rice" bracelet. I wore it and liked it on that bracelet until I saw that Kenny at Freda Watch Straps ( a great vendor ) had a Hadley Roma Oyster style bracelet which I think closely resembles the Glycine OEM bracelet for my model. Now my watch is on the Hadley Roma and I am very pleased. I though some of you Combat Sub owners who do not have a bracelet and may want one would like to see what you can get for 1/4 the cost of the OEM bracelet. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhyalus, sorry you were not pleased with your HR bracelet. Mine appears to be of good guality and feels good on my wrist. Plus, I just really like the look of the HR bracelet on the watch. Cheers, Bill P.

·
3,631 Posts
That's a beautiful combo...and a really good pic too!

·
Registered
732 Posts
That is a sweet pairing!!! I will be ordering that from Kenny, he is top notch. Thanks for posting the pic I have been looking for a bracelet for a while now.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a sweet pairing!!! I will be ordering that from Kenny, he is top notch. Thanks for posting the pic I have been looking for a bracelet for a while now.
I think you will be pleased with the HR on your Glycine. To me it looks OEM. I thought the OEM bracelet was just too expensive. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bill. I really like that watch. How does it wear size-wise compared to your Speedmaster?
Saxon007,the simple answer to your question is yes. The Glycine Combat Sub and the Omega Speedmaster Professional wear about the same. While I don't have a way to weight them, they seem similar in weight. Both watches wear light on my 7 1/2" wrist and balance well on their bracelets.

Obviously the watches themselves are "apples and oranges". However, each one is a good watch and both are a good value, IMHO. I have been an Omega enthusiast since the late 60's and they are my favorite watch. This Glycine Combat Sub quartz is my first Glycine and I knew absolutely nothing about them until I got one. I still don't know much about the brand, but know I like this particular watch. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well I received my Hadley Roma Oyster bracelet today and I must say it chnges the whole look of the watch for the better. Thr brushing on the bracelet matches perfectly imo. Excellent quality bracelet. I definetly recommend Amy Noia at Globalwatchband. Well here it is.

Attachments

Reactions: gaopa
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.