WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was messing around with the camera on Sunday and took some more photos of the new (used) ARCO II I bought. Got it on eBay from a bloke in Oz, I think I might have told the story before, but it bears repeating:

It was weird -- the watch went up for sale, then by time I went to buy it, it was gone. Then it appeared again minutes later with a "Buy Now" so I bought it.

Then the guy immediately quits eBay and removes his info, so I got worried, but then the watch showed up in the mail a few days later. He had put it in the Glycine wood box in a mailing envelope, and the watch was loose, banging around in the bag with the box and papers and extra strap inside the box.

Anyway, no damage done apparently, it is a bit scratched but from his normal wear as described in his writeup. Keeps excellent time and I really like it, esp. since it doesn't have a date!

(P.S. I cross-posted a couple of these pics on the Affordables "Watch-U-Wearing" this morning).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice watch! As always,Glycines are looking soooo much better IRL or private pictures than on the official ones IMO!

Nice catch!

:-!

/e

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah. ARCO II = double coated?
Good question - I don't think so though, mine (the one shown in the photos in this thread) is not ARCO on the outside, nor are any of the 10 Glycine watches I own.

Perhaps a "Version 2.0" of their original internal coating? :think:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way, just looking through this thread from my original post, and realized I changed the strap from the grey original to an orange NATO. I posted the orange NATO strap photos in a different thread also, but just for the record, I'll add a couple here.

Not everyone likes it, but I think it's cool, and I can say this about it: when I wear this outfit with a short-sleeved shirt, it definitely gets noticed! :-d

·
Registered
380 Posts
Great pictures of a beautiful watch!!

Thanks for posting!! :-!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sodiac,
I loved your pics I went out and got the same watch! I should be getting it any day.
Question... did you buy that strap or did it come with the watch?
I would love to get a black, maybe gray, strap with orange stitching to match the dial color combo. I think it would look sharp!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sodiac,
I loved your pics I went out and got the same watch! I should be getting it any day.
Question... did you buy that strap or did it come with the watch?
I would love to get a black, maybe gray, strap with orange stitching to match the dial color combo. I think it would look sharp!
Thanks! The grey strap with orange came with the watch when I bought it, it's a Glycine strap. I'm not sure if they come with all of the orange faced ARCO II's?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.