WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the overall view of this brand? Ive owned a few Oris, Hammys and LOTS of microbrands( ocean7,Enzo etc) Just wanted a good idea of the fit and build quality compare to the big dogs(Omega etc).Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Stratoforte.

Thx

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
What is the overall view of this brand? Ive owned a few Oris, Hammys and LOTS of microbrands( ocean7,Enzo etc) Just wanted a good idea of the fit and build quality compare to the big dogs(Omega etc).Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Stratoforte.

Thx
I liked my 44m hand wind Incursore just fine. Fit and finish were superb! IMO they are highly underrated. The only thing I didn't like was the lume was pretty weak, but a trip to Kent Parks fixed that issue.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I like their basic simple styles. They have been around for a long time....1960s ? They remind me of Ollech Wajs, basic, military inpsired, except more refined and more original of a watch.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
They have a black jack model someone was selling a little while ago that is awesome!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Since most of my modest collection consists of Glycine watches, I guess it's fairly obvious where I stand. I think they make great looking watches that are a great value. I also tend to prefer larger watches, and they certainly make many models that would fit me well. They've also been around for almost 100 years and have many unique designs.

The Stratoforte is a fine 7750 based watch. Perfect size for me at 46 mm and a just about perfect dial for a chronograph. About the only thing I would have changed would be to get rid of the "Tot" on the hour and minute registers.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Hey, come on over and join us in the Glycine forum, there are a great bunch of owners there who will share pics and stories and more!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Make a nice watch from a fit/finish standpoint.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Their basic diver (I think it is the military sub?) is one of my favourite mechanical dive watches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts