WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What timezones do you track on your GMT's, and with which hands/dial? (Main dial or movable chapter ring).

Just curious as when I set mine to wear a couple days ago, I switched up a bit. When I was overseas, it was an easy choice. Local time for the main hands, GMT for the GMT hand (main dial) and home time for the chapter ring (the blackened part helps remind one whether thay are AM or PM, after all, there was an 8 hour time difference there).

Used to be at home it'd be local time on main hands, GMT on main dial, and either Pacific time (for eBay, and calls to businesses etc. on the West Coast) or local in 24 hour format for the chapter ring.

My latest I am trying is local for main hands, GMT (as a pilot and world radio buff, it makes sense to me to have at least one always on GMT/UTC/Zulu time) on the movable chapter ring, with the 24/main dial set as local in 24 hour format. Finding this sort of counterintuitive (maybe I/'m just used to it being reversed) but maybe a bit easier to read the outer scale (every hour numbered instead of every other) without my reading glasses.

So, I just wondered what the rest of you did :think:.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Home - East Coast
GMT hand - West Coast (most of friends not on E coast)
GMT ring - St Pete, Russia - offshore software developers (work)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings,

Main hands: Local time
GMT/skeleton hands: GMT/UTC
Chapter ring: Time zone where most of the family lives (14 hour difference). The black segment aids in determining day or night there (Don't want to call mom at 0300!).

-Islander

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Main hands - local time
GMT hand on dial - GMT time
Rotating ring - whichever time zone I want to monitor (this is convenient since all timezones are described as "GMT +x" so I just adjust according to that)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Main hands: Eastern (home)
GMT: Central
outer ring: India standard time

·
Registered
349 Posts
Main hands: local (EST/DST or GMT - 4)
GMT: IRAQ to remind me of the people serving
outer ring: cosmetically set at orange on the 3 O' clock side, opposite from my avatar. But, I may change this to GMT time

·
Registered
170 Posts
GMT: IRAQ to remind me of the people serving
I like this idea, might have to change mine.

Right now:
Main hands: San Diego, California time.
GMT: Tarpon Springs, Florida time (family)
Outer Ring: Not in use at the moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The main hands show the time in Athens, Greece.

The skeleton hand points to Pacific time in the Western US on the non-movable inner 24-hour ring and to GMT on the movable outer 24-hour ring. I travel a lot so I find it easier for me to change the movable outer ring to show whatever other time zone I happen to be in.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Main hands local time (UK most of the time and hence GMT from late Oct to late March) and 24 hour hand at New Zealand time. Outer ring used for other time zones as required. When in New Zealand main hands reflect NZ time and 24 hour hand tracks UK.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Main hands are on Central (my) time. Skeleton hand on Eastern
time. I don't chnage anything else unless I am traveling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts