WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been puzzling me since I got the watch. Why is the rotating dial split with 2 colours? Orange and Blue on the Caribbean. Second, why do the colours change at 5:30 AM and PM?

Look at the first pic in the review..

http://www.doxa300t.com/gmtcarib/gmtcaribbean.htm

I assumed the 2 coloured halfs represented day and night on the 24 hour clock with 12 hours day and night if located at the equator and that the sunrise and sunset time at the equatoer was 5:30. However, I did a search and found this:-

On a standard meridian at the equator one might expect the Sun to rise at 6:00 A.M. and set at 6:00 P.M., but the Sun rises at 6:03 A.M. in July, a summer month, and also rises late, at 6:11 A.M. in February, a winter month. It rises seven minutes before 6:00 A.M. in mid-May, and 20 minutes before 6:00 A.M. at the end of October.

So I guess that's not the reason for the colour change at 5:30.

Maybe a simple obvious answer out there but I can see / find it.

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just guessing here Pete, but after drawing quite alot of them, I'd say the colour changing between the 5 and 6 looks better than changing behind the 6. If you see what I mean?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just guessing here Pete, but after drawing quite alot of them, I'd say the colour changing between the 5 and 6 looks better than changing behind the 6. If you see what I mean?

That's what I thought, aesthetics. I would rather have seen a 12/24 colour split personally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts