WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one feature that I really wish my 2254.50 had is the ability to set the hour hand independently as (I believe) the GMT version can. That said, I would not give up having a rotating timer bezel for simple timing tasks for this feature which is one of the reasons I didn't get the GMT version of my watch (I also am not a fan of the two tone bezel).

I am curious though (for future reference) which other mechanical movements/watches have this capability especially if they don't have a second time zone.

I'm guessing that the Omega GMTs, the Rolex Explorer/GMT Masters and the IWC UTC models can do this, though I don't know this for sure.

The aforementioned all have the second time zone feature which is one that doesn't really interest me that much, so I would be curious to hear what other watches/movements have this feature (especially if they don't have a second timezone). Don't have to be Omegas :)

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
IF I'm not mistaken, Omega SMP quartz watches have this feature. A lot of the GMT watches out there have an independantly adjustable GMT hand, not a quick set hour hand. ~ David

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF I'm not mistaken, Omega SMP quartz watches have this feature. A lot of the GMT watches out there have an independantly adjustable GMT hand, not a quick set hour hand. ~ David
My Tag Quartz chrono that was my daily wearer for 12 years had this feature as well. Hoping to find some more mechanicals that have it as well though.

There was a great post on either the Omega or Rolex forum that indicated that both the Rolex and Omega GMT movements had the quick set hour hand feature. I'd be curious to know if the IWC UTC ones do (and may find out tomorrow as I am thinking of visiting an AD). Still curious to hear of any others if folk know of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts