WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks to this thread and several others, I'm nearly 100% on which model I've decided on, the G-1.

Is this a limited edition or is it still in production? I'm going to have to wait for a good deal, but I don't want to miss my chance since they don't seem quite as common as other models, and I think it will be a highly desired model with the positive display, black bezel, and resin strap (without those red wings..)

Any suggestions or other thoughts welcome.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Good choice man. I think it's a regular production. I got mine considerbly below msrp on the first week of its released date. Now I still can find pretty good deal around but i have no clue for us market (GA-2100(s) can be easily acquired here where i live so it might be different).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just when you think they've released a perfect square, now I'm watching videos and reading about how the plastic on the B5000 resin bands are prone to breaking :think:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just when you think they've released a perfect square, now I'm watching videos and reading about how the plastic on the B5000 resin bands are prone to breaking :think:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Yes, the plastic part is thin, but it seems reasonably durable. I see the chances of it breaking while the watch in on your hand very, very slim. I have seen only one video online and the guy shipped the watch unprotected. Now that's a different story.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Giddy up, orders in! Ebay seller accepted my offer on a new G-1.

I'm done for a while folks, although tomorrow the final part arrives for a mod I've been extremely excited to wear (and share).
Nice, what did the seller take as the offer?

·
Registered
369 Posts
The seller from Dubai accepted $275 shipped before taxes. They lists 5 at a time it appears.

Debating whether to nab a DLC bezel or bracelet combo just to have on reserve for years down the road.
That’s an amazing price. And yes always have a backup spare. It’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
The seller from Dubai accepted $275 shipped before taxes. They lists 5 at a time it appears.

Debating whether to nab a DLC bezel or bracelet combo just to have on reserve for years down the road.
Nice price man. What;s a DLC bezel worth? I thought about doing that but decided to just baby the G1 and then buy some resins with the combi bracelet to G-shock them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The most closely perfect square will be the GW-B5000 (GW-5000 with 3459 module). Casio is just dancing around this one. Personal preference I'd love to see a battery operated version of it with nice loud alarm. 3459 solar alarm is unacceptably quiet to me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
One guy on youtube broke it by squashing the watch flat to save a few bucks when mailing. About anybody with common sense could have predicted it would break, it does not have sufficient range of motion to flatten it like this.

·
Registered
662 Posts
One guy on youtube broke it by squashing the watch flat to save a few bucks when mailing. About anybody with common sense could have predicted it would break, it does not have sufficient range of motion to flatten it like this.
Yeah, I think I was over reacting about how much of a problem it was. I still wonder why they just didn't make the whole band out of resin. Maybe because the weight of the case needs a more stable band connector on the 3 pronged lug system?
At least on the G-1/2 the plastic part is black and doesn't clash, maybe some people like the red though.

Do the black and DLC bezels have a black 'insulation' piece? I see it's also red on the silver stainless as seen here:
img1.jpg

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Chempop,

I experienced a strap attachment fail similar to the one described in the youtube video that is referenced. Back when these models were still fairly new, I ordered a GMW-B5000-1 strap, the version with the red plastic strap-to-lug connector. Within a couple of weeks of wearing the resin strap on my modded GMW-B5000D-1, the plastic connector failed on one side.

This is what my failed strap looked like:

I returned the broken strap to PacParts and they sent me a new one without any questioning. Around that time, the strap for that model was updated on their site. Perhaps Casio recognized the problem and addressed it by somehow reinforcing the plastic connector piece. I have no evidence of this other than my experience with PacParts and observing that the strap part listing was updated. I can tell you that every subsequent GMW-B5000 resin strap I have ordered/used has not failed. Interpret all of this as you wish, but I feel confident that the GMW-B5000 resin straps are improved.

Regarding your question about the case-to-bezel plastic spacer piece, I have experienced that the all of the black IP models have a black plastic spacer piece. The silver colored stainless steel models such as GMW-B5000D-1 and GMW-B5000-1 have the red plastic spacer. I can't speak for the gold colored models, GMW-B5000TFC, or titanium models.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Much appreciated @Tommy!

I wonder if the £20.00Price on watchway.co.uk reflects that they are the older discontinued ones, if indeed casio made an updated revision.

181 - 200 of 274 Posts