WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
361 - 380 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My daily wearer for most of 2021 so far.

GMW-B5000D-1 with a TFC DLC bezel, resin GMW-B5000-1 strap, and a resin strap keeper. I appreciate the stainless steel hardware a la the original DW-5000C, but housed within the dark DLC coated case, caseback, and bezel. This piece has earned a permanent (for now) spot in my collection and is an appropriate heir to the spot formerly held by the venerable GW-5000.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
V-1, son.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My daily wearer for most of 2021 so far.

GMW-B5000D-1 with a TFC DLC bezel, resin GMW-B5000-1 strap, and a resin strap keeper. I appreciate the stainless steel hardware a la the original DW-5000C, but housed within the dark DLC coated case, caseback, and bezel. This piece has earned a permanent (for now) spot in my collection and is an appropriate heir to the spot formerly held by the venerable GW-5000.

This to me has been my standout watch for comfort and convenience for the last 12 months or so.

Compared to the GW-B5600 that I got around the same time this is miles ahead.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like how the module on these watches is smart enough to only use bluetooth phone time sync or multi band 6 (one or the other). It tries to connect to the app first and doesn't bother to use multi band 6 if the app connection is successful.

I find that the app connects every 6 hours successfully

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Fantastic! As soon as I saw this model I had to have it the day it was released.

Some people are not into the color shade, saying that they think it would be better if it was a pure red. I for one appreciate that it's not. I love the blend between pink and red. Makes it more unique, in my opinion.

There is a rose gold colored one coming out next month, with a positive display. I imagine that will sell out much faster because of the positive display. I'm a little iffy on that one, but if it looks good in real photos, I might just jump on it...

Here's mine, btw

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You can tone down the Goldie with the Rubber band of the Kolor special edition (that went for $3k) - the rubber band can be ordered from pacparts and makes it a bit more wearable in my opinion.

Nice! I did my own version of a Kolar.
I used the blue boy as the module, and the g1 straps. I acquired the Kolar bezel from tiktox in the UK. Not cheap, but completely worth it, in my opinion!

In the end, I turned the blue boy into a positive display using the g1 module.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Very nice @babyivan ; !!!

Good idea to mix and match.

Meanwhile my aged IP has arrived.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This shade of red looks unique. I think sooner or later, Casio would release a "rainbow" pack :p

Fantastic! As soon as I saw this model I had to have it the day it was released.

Some people are not into the color shade, saying that they think it would be better if it was a pure red. I for one appreciate that it's not. I love the blend between pink and red. Makes it more unique, in my opinion.

There is a rose gold colored one coming out next month, with a positive display. I imagine that will sell out much faster because of the positive display. I'm a little iffy on that one, but if it looks good in real photos, I might just jump on it...

Here's mine, btw

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Reactions: oldspice

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Which one you like better? (You have to choose one 😁)
Aw, c’mon - it’s like choosing your favorite child! Honeymoon phase for both right now, but I am a sucker for a good negative display. However, my aging eyes prefer a positive display.....

361 - 380 of 418 Posts