WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
381 - 400 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

The above watch is my daily wearer (1 of 2) for 2021, but modded to include a GMW-B5000TFC crystal pressed in its case and returned to its stock stainless steel bezel and bracelet.

Another shot, but next to my GMW-B5000TFC build:

The watch below is my other daily wearer (2 of 2), a GMW-B5000-1 adorned with a GMW-B5000TFC bezel and a resin strap keeper:

All three GMW-B5000 case backs, showing how all 3 case backs are perfectly oriented to the face of each respective watch:

I searched high and low for quite some time to find these gems with such pleasing (to me) case backs.

·
Registered
113 Posts

The above watch is my daily wearer (1 of 2) for 2021, but modded to include a GMW-B5000TFC crystal pressed in its case and returned to its stock stainless steel bezel and bracelet.

Another shot, but next to my GMW-B5000TFC build:

The watch below is my other daily wearer (2 of 2), a GMW-B5000-1 adorned with a GMW-B5000TFC bezel and a resin strap keeper:

All three GMW-B5000 case backs, showing how all 3 case backs are perfectly oriented to the face of each respective watch:

I searched high and low for quite some time to find these gems with such pleasing (to me) case backs.
Hi, could I ask where you got the TFC screen from? If I can't get my hands on a TFC (which increasingly seems like the case) I'd like to have one of my black squares with a positive display. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,158 Posts
Here is where I am at until that crazy new Ti model arrives. I still want to get back the black ip model I stupidly sold. Keeping my eyes peeled on the sales thread haha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hi, could I ask where you got the TFC screen from? If I can't get my hands on a TFC (which increasingly seems like the case) I'd like to have one of my black squares with a positive display. thanks
I purchased the TFC crystal glass from PacParts a couple of years ago. Unfortunately PacParts no longer sells the part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Arrived today. GMW-B5000TR-9JR....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice! It doesn’t seem to be popular around here, but I’m a fan. The band is a little bit more subdued than in the promo shots, which may change people’s opinions on this model.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I couldn't pull it off, but yes looks more subdued colour wise, but looks super polished and chromey. I tend to prefer the more brushed style finishing, cool nonetheless!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I picked up an aftermarket bezel and aftermarket resin strap for my TFC crystal modded GMW-B5000D-1. The bezel is clear like that of the DW-5600SK-1 and the strap is a decent resin make a la GMW-B5000-1. The red plastic barrier between the case center and the metal bezel is not necessary with this bezel so the fit and look is fairly streamlined. I like that the lug connectors of the strap are black like that of the GMW-B5000G-1/2 rather than red like that of the GMW-B5000-1. The black lug connectors look nice as seen through the clear bezel. The strap buckle and tang are of decent quality, but nowhere near as nice as those from a genuine GMW-B5000 resin strap. I also picked up the clear resin strap that comes with this bezel, but have not yet installed it. The all clear bezel and strap look does not speak to me at this time.

The clear bezel does not have the 'G-SHOCK' and 'PROTECTION' bezel lettering.

The bezel and strap kit comes with an aftermarket set of the screws and pipe to attach the strap and bezel onto the case center. I opted to use the genuine OE screws and pipe that were already present on my modded GMW-B5000D-1. The screw heads needed a bit of coaxing to seat into the bezel holes, but they eventually sat flush. I took care not to over tighten the screws so as to not crack the bezel.

EDIT: Apologies if this setup or similar has already been discussed ad nauseam here on F17. I'm not as active here of late so perhaps I am behind the times.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I picked up an aftermarket bezel and aftermarket resin strap for my TFC crystal modded GMW-B5000D-1. The bezel is clear like that of the DW-5600SK-1 and the strap is a decent resin make a la GMW-B5000-1. The red plastic barrier between the case center and the metal bezel is not necessary with this bezel so the fit and look is fairly streamlined. I like that the lug connectors of the strap are black like that of the GMW-B5000G-1/2 rather than red like that of the GMW-B5000-1. The black lug connectors look nice as seen through the clear bezel. The strap buckle and tang are of decent quality, but nowhere near as nice as those from a genuine GMW-B5000 resin strap. I also picked up the clear resin strap that comes with this bezel, but have not yet installed it. The all clear bezel and strap look does not speak to me at this time.

The clear bezel does not have the 'G-SHOCK' and 'PROTECTION' bezel lettering.

The bezel and strap kit comes with an aftermarket set of the screws and pipe to attach the strap and bezel onto the case center. I opted to use the genuine OE screws and pipe that were already present on my modded GMW-B5000D-1. The screw heads needed a bit of coaxing to seat into the bezel holes, but they eventually sat flush. I took care not to over tighten the screws so as to not crack the bezel.

EDIT: Apologies if this setup or similar has already been discussed ad nauseam here on F17. I'm not as active here of late so perhaps I am behind the times.
That’s awesome! I can’t wait until they make a black version of that resin bezel!!! I wonder what the weight watch is now, I bet it’s significantly lighter now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
That’s awesome! I can’t wait until they make a black version of that resin bezel!!! I wonder what the weight watch is now, I bet it’s significantly lighter now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah A-Squared, I'm with you on that idea. A black resin bezel is in order for this series!

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
My G-Square full metal watchbox - not in picture are my two metal head but rubber strap watches in silver and black.

381 - 400 of 418 Posts