WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
441 - 460 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
My big beef with the all-steel squares is their big beefiness - like 170 gr. unsized! Even so, the Tokyo Twilight proved irresistible. But as much as I dig it I can't wear it every day, especially when there are titanium alternatives in the watch box.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My big beef with the all-steel squares is their big beefiness - like 170 gr. unsized! Even so, the Tokyo Twilight proved irresistible. But as much as I dig it I can't wear it every day, especially when there are titanium alternatives in the watch box.
I like them for this very reason. You hit the door frame with metal G-square? Better check if the frame is ok... cause those beefy mofos are tough as nails!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like them for this very reason. You hit the door frame with metal G-square? Better check if the frame is ok... cause those beefy mofos are tough as nails!
Yep, no question. Casio pretty much offers a square for everyone. If I really want to go light, the GW-S5600 fills the bill. But if I'm intent on doing some damage, GMW-B5000D for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I like the heft and look/feel of the metal squares, it's mainly used for casual social and light outdoor activities (fishing, golfing, etc.). My go-to for active wear (running, swimming, biking, tennis, etc.) is usually the resin 'Oak,' it's so much lighter and strap can be worn loose to let sweat evaporate & it doesn't bake in the sun...

·
Registered
202 Posts
A few questions if I may.
Do these full metal models have a bigger display?
Do any squares have a bigger display?

I had a G-5600e (I think) a few years back but the display was too small for my ageing eyes.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 · (Edited)

I had a G-5600e (I think) a few years back but the display was too small for my ageing eyes.
These are pretty much the same size.

There are some models with bigger displays, but not in this thread.

For bigger displays, check out the GBX-100 or GBD-200, for example.

·
Registered
202 Posts
These are pretty much the same size.

There are some models with bigger displays, but not in this thread.

For bigger displays, check out the GBX-100 or GBD-200, for example.
Thanks. Not usually a fan of negative displays but the MIT displays look fantastic.
No way I'm taking up running mind, but the watches look great as just...watches.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
So after a week of wearing the GMW-B5000PB-6 "Tokyo Twilight" exclusively (no small feat for me, trust me), I have to say that I think this model is a winner. The "muted chroma" purple & blue IP finish is exactly that: subdued despite the loud colors, giving the watch a dark chrome look to it that is fairly understated until you get it out in the light and those colors pop.
View attachment 16158809
View attachment 16158811

The alternating colored links combined with the purple-tinted LCD set this watch apart from other limited production full-metal Gs, and I have a feeling that this watch is going to become fairly coveted down the line.
View attachment 16158813
View attachment 16158820
If you are on the fence about this one, I'd recommend picking one up now, as you can always sell it off later if it's not for you. Whereas if you wait.... well, you know what happens.
"Fairly coveted down the line" = high demand & very hard to find at anything resembling reasonable prices (maybe) ;)

Your photos are really good Kubr1ck, I love the colors on this one. I agree with your assessment too.

We'll see if one of these makes it to my stable. The odds that it does are probably better than even. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
18 Posts

Believe they (full metal display) are same/similar in size to their resin cousins. The negative display is pretty easy to see when outdoors in bright light, not so much when dim... but then fairly easy again when dark since it lights up automatically at the tilt of the wrist (or via button).

441 - 460 of 501 Posts