WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Believe they (full metal display) are same/similar in size to their resin cousins. The negative display is pretty easy to see when outdoors in bright light, not so much when dim... but then fairly easy again when dark since it lights up automatically at the tilt of the wrist (or via button).
Thanks. I've ordered the GBD-200 because of the bigger display.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Watch Vehicle Automotive design Telephony Communication Device

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ah, forgot that tomorrow is Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day, so no USPS tomorrow. Tuesday I’ll have the kit!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Alright, my kit came in, I got this one. I can confidently, with 100% conviction, say DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks good at a distance, but it sucks. The finishing on the bracelet isn't good, especially the endlinks right next to the 1st 'real' link on the bracelet, it looks hand finished, but not well. But the biggest problem is that it doesn't fit, holes for the strap screws in the bezel aren't in the right place and I couldn't get it mounted with either the titanium bracelet or the OEM resin strap. On one side I could get the screw through, but when tightening them down only one of the two heads actually fits into the countersunk hole. The other end I couldn't even get all the way through.

So save your money. I'm gonna see if they'll refund me, and if not I'll talk to my credit card company. Also, important to know, and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, AliExpress definitely censors their reviews. The piece I bought had two reviews, one with a photo, that said something along the lines of "it's not perfect but I like it." Now there's only one review...I was going to write one there, but what's the point, they'll take it down.

The bezel looks pretty good, too bad I can't install it.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Alright, my kit came in, I got this one. I can confidently, with 100% conviction, say DO NOT BUY THIS. It looks good at a distance, but it sucks.
Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed you can get a refund one way or another.

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
More pics. First two show the misalignment between the bezel and case. Last one shows the screws installed best as I can get them, the one that looks close the head of the screw won't fit down into the counterbore in the bezel like it should.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Oh, very sorry for this issue !!
Also I was waiting for your photographies to see how the black button were on a "silver" titanium.
On my recent experience with Aliexpress, I have been very lucky with my IP Washblack GWMB5000 bezel and bracelet. Zero issue, perfect fit and in every details (some part of the black bezel/bracelet are IP mirror finish like on the original...)
But, I was really looking forward to see your own customization because this is something we have been waiting: a silver titanium ! Even if the buckle on this second market is steel like in the description.

IMHO you should be able to get a refund, but also they will certainly propose to send to you another kit. Like a bezel only.
If you have paid, like myself with Paypal, you got a double protection.

My finger has been on the trigger for a refund when my parcel was "lost" after one week of transit but they manage to send another one immediately. My name was also erased from the parcel and the postman was scratching his head before to throw it in a "back to China" bin. But I have been able to stop the process and get it from the post office.

Eventually I have also left a good review and it was posted with an American flag next to my edited name and I'm in France.... ;-)

But all in all, their customer service was really reactive through the chat (they use heavily translators).
The shop I have been dealing with is: VECILEON Store.
What was yours ?

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
The Tokyo Twilight is on 🔥 🔥 🔥
;)

Watch Product Gesture Clock Rectangle

Watch Clock Watch accessory Finger Rectangle

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Speaking of which… Anyone have both the Burgundy and Purple to do a side by side pic? Just wondering if they are different enough.

461 - 480 of 499 Posts