WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I havn’t seen an announcment yet, but I can see there is a new addition at pacparts.com:

It seems this will be a copper/rose gold version and it will be priced pretty much the same as other steel squares (~500 of European money):

Would you like to get one?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I like it. I had the silver full metal but ended up selling it because it was a little too big for my wrist. Rose gold is a good option for those who want something a little less blingy/flashy than the chrome or gold.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Props to Casio for giving it a positive display.

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
I was never a fan of the previous gold, but this rose gold I kinda dig......

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd heard this was coming a few months back, looks great!. listed at the same price as the just released RD-4 so hopefully it's not a limited edition run.

I suspect this will be out sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I like it. Rose gold, if done right, makes for a stunning watch - even more so than regular gold, IMO. (and NOT feminine, btw, @babyivan 🤣) I very much like the positive display. This might be one of the very few watches I get this year... :unsure:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Shade is very important here. We'll have to see it in real-world photos at least. Great that it has positive display.

Oh and thanks for sharing!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-N975F eszközömről

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I like it. Rose gold, if done right, makes for a stunning watch - even more so than regular gold, IMO. (and NOT feminine, btw, @babyivan ) I very much like the positive display. This might be one of the very few watches I get this year... :unsure:
Cmonnnnn, it's a touch feminine... at least in my eyes, but of course it is subjective.

I guess it depends on who's wrist it's on. If The Rock or Arnold was wearing one, it might not look as feminine.

Also depends on how it looks in real pictures; as we all know Casio has the worst stock photos.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If The Rock or Arnold was wearing one, it might not look as feminine.
Haha before I read your post, I was reflecting on the "feminine" angle and trying to imagine Arnold wearing it, and couldn't.

But aren't we all gender-fluid now, anyway?

As for the watch, I think it's pretty cool even though I doubt I'll get one.
arnold_drag.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Cmonnnnn, it's a touch feminine... at least in my eyes, but of course it is subjective.

I guess it depends on who's wrist it's on. If The Rock or Arnold was wearing one, it might not look as feminine.

Also depends on how it looks in real pictures; as we all know Casio has the worst stock photos.
If it's at all feminine now......once I get it, it will become one of the manliest watches Casio has produced! 😜😂🤣😂😂

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Delete - duplicate post

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
If it's at all feminine now......once I get it, it will become one of the manliest watches Casio has produced!
I think this is a cool square, but reminds me of the older baby G shocks that had rose gold tones.
That is what puts a feminine twist on it for me, but I reserve my right to change my opinion should I see one in person

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
A little too feminine for my taste, but as @kubr1ck mentioned, I appreciate that Casio made it a positive display. I just put an order in for the red one via Topper.
If rose gold is too feminine, just call it copper. :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually, I found it while I was searching for gold bezel for my black B5000GD. I like its not so intence colour, but my guess is that for modding rose glod/copper would better match aged B5000V.

As for question if this is a male or female watch - we all have different tastes and wear different outfit. I can surely find outfit that would match this watch.
I like the point of copper colour and I will definatelly change the title. Thanks @kubr1ck for the point👍 🙂

One last thing. I was suprised when I first saw lady wearing nickel B5000D and how nice it looked. Being quite heavy those squares are still slightly smaller than most of G-Shocks fitting well males with average and smaller wrists and females with larger wrists.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts