WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Took delivery of my Tokyo Twilight yesterday. Beautiful watch. It has a dark glossy finish that looks like liquid metal. Not really that blingy at all, but sparkles in the light.
View attachment 16140933
View attachment 16140934
View attachment 16140935
View attachment 16140936
View attachment 16140938
And yes it does have a purple tinted LCD, which sets it apart from the other metal squares. Casio did a great job on this one.
Congrats! Beautiful pics! I didn't know it had a purple tinted LCD. Pretty cool detail :)

• Love
Reactions: kubr1ck

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,805 Posts
Took delivery of my Tokyo Twilight yesterday. Beautiful watch. It has a dark glossy finish that looks like liquid metal. Not really that blingy at all, but sparkles in the light.
View attachment 16140933
View attachment 16140934
View attachment 16140935
View attachment 16140936
View attachment 16140938
And yes it does have a purple tinted LCD, which sets it apart from the other metal squares. Casio did a great job on this one.
Dang beautiful purple! Way better than the stock photos. Enjoy! I love this color way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: kubr1ck

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Here's a side-by-side between the PB-6 and the V-1 so you can get a better sense of the purple negative STN LCD versus the normal version. It's more subtle in person, but definitely noticeable.
Watch Analog watch Clock Gadget Watch accessory

·
Registered
Rolex Sub 116610LN || Rolex Datejust 126234 36mm Slate dial and Roman markers || G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
2,376 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Here's a side-by-side between the PB-6 and the V-1 so you can get a better sense of the purple negative STN LCD versus the normal version. It's more subtle in person, but definitely noticeable.
View attachment 16142738
Nice comparison with the Patina version 👍👌

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Hodinkee did a profile of this watch with some nice photos.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Got an "In stock" email from Topper today, except it was actually just one watch and it sold immediately 🙄 Apparently these are quite hot, no talks of a discount whatsoever. We'll see what pops up for sale on the forums

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
I've got one incoming tomorrow. Tried for a discount, didn't get one, but that sometimes happens. ;)

Watch Product Purple Gadget Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Congrats! I may cave eventually lol

I think what stings the most is I bought my black one like new for like $300. So paying double the price has me teetering
You could try waiting to see if decent pre-owned ones pop up for under MSRP. Of course that could backfire in a big way depending on how limited the production really is. Sometimes these limited production models end up being widely available for a while before they fade away. Other times they're difficult to acquire from the beginning and it never gets easier. It's always a gamble. But that's what makes it so joyously fun! :p

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Got an "In stock" email from Topper today, except it was actually just one watch and it sold immediately 🙄 Apparently these are quite hot, no talks of a discount whatsoever. We'll see what pops up for sale on the forums
Looks hot indeed; my local dealer announced that there will be no discounts of 699 EUR price tag 😔 Luckily there are cheaper stores in EU; 549 EUR seems to be the best at the moment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Still waiting for this on Casio UK. They tend to get decent stock so I’m hoping there’s enough to go around. Would be interesting to compare to the TR9, it looks a lot more subdued in actual pictures.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Me: NEVER get up at 8:00am or earlier.

Me, knowing my PB will be delivered today: set alarm for 8am, and wake up before it even goes off! 🤣

UPS next-day air came thru in great form, delivering as promised before 10:30am. (y)

I am suuuuuuuper impressed with this watch. Keep in mind I have the TCM Ti square, the Porter, the silver, and the B5000G. And I've owned the all-black, the B5000V aged IP, and both the gold positive and gold negative display versions. This version IMO is one of the best. (especially if you're fond of purple! And if you're not - you should be.. 🤣)

The purple border around the screen shows up in lower light and looks really cool. The multiple colors on the dial are NOT garish at all, and can only be seen in good, direct light. In lower light, it has a darker, sleek vibe while still allowing the purple and blue tones to come through. It looks VERY good overall and I'd highly recommend it if you're on the fence about it.

Like most watches, this one looks better in person, but hopefully some of these pics still look good.

That purple IP was done really well, IMO. Great job, Casio!! Check out those dial colors!

Watch Product Gesture Clock Rectangle

Watch Everyday carry Gadget Clock Rectangle

I like the combo of blue and purple band links. They go very well together.

Watch Gesture Gadget Nail Wrist

Look at that purple shimmer coming off the dial!! 😲(y)(y)

Watch Clock Watch accessory Finger Rectangle

In lower light that purple border still shows up really well!

Watch Clock Gadget Watch accessory Communication Device

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Me: NEVER get up at 8:00am or earlier.

Me, knowing my PB will be delivered today: set alarm for 8am, and wake up before it even goes off! 🤣

UPS next-day air came thru in great form, delivering as promised before 10:30am. (y)

I am suuuuuuuper impressed with this watch. Keep in mind I have the TCM Ti square, the Porter, the silver, and the B5000G. And I've owned the all-black, the B5000V aged IP, and both the gold positive and gold negative display versions. This version IMO is one of the best. (especially if you're fond of purple! And if you're not - you should be.. 🤣)

The purple border around the screen shows up in lower light and looks really cool. The multiple colors on the dial are NOT garish at all, and can only be seen in good, direct light. In lower light, it has a darker, sleek vibe while still allowing the purple and blue tones to come through. It looks VERY good overall and I'd highly recommend it if you're on the fence about it.

Like most watches, this one looks better in person, but hopefully some of these pics still look good.

That purple IP was done really well, IMO. Great job, Casio!! Check out those dial colors!

View attachment 16176675

View attachment 16176676

I like the combo of blue and purple band links. They go very well together.

View attachment 16176678

Look at that purple shimmer coming off the dial!! 😲(y)(y)

View attachment 16176681

In lower light that purple border still shows up really well!

View attachment 16176682
Congrats @Time4Playnow, amazing piece 😍😍😍

·
Registered
147 Posts
Available on Gshock UK now

61 - 80 of 107 Posts