WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
How long before the discontinue the bezel for ordering separate? I’m thinking of getting one now for backup before it’s too late

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got my Ti second hand and have had it for a week. Part of me thinks the shininess of the top bezel is meant to scratch or rough up over time as a way to contrast with the pristine matte black of the rest of the case and bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How long before the discontinue the bezel for ordering separate? I'm thinking of getting one now for backup before it's too late
If you know it's a keeper and you'd like to have a spare then I'd order sooner rather than later. From what I've heard the TB's production has already commenced, so supply level is probably waning. I thought about it myself. Maybe also consider spares for other parts as well, e.g. bracelet pins.

Reactions: kol

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you know it's a keeper and you'd like to have a spare then I'd order sooner rather than later. From what I've heard the TB's production has already commenced, so supply level is probably waning. I thought about it myself. Maybe also consider spares for other parts as well, e.g. bracelet pins.
yeah, I ordered an extra genuine bezel yesterday through my local service centre. 10-12 week wait.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My genuine replacement arrived today. I'm going to replace it and retire the watch from daily duties.

the original one will be for sale to recoupe a bit, it's not perfect, but overall in excellent shape
Watch Stopwatch Dive computer Technology Watch accessory

·
Registered
300 Posts
My genuine replacement arrived today. I'm going to replace it and retire the watch from daily duties.

the original one will be for sale to recoupe a bit, it's not perfect, but overall in excellent shape View attachment 15541289
Retire from daily duties? If you're not going to wear it, what is the point?

·
Registered
317 Posts

I have been still wearing the watch, just not wearing it at the gym or when I'm like shovelling the snow.....now using a 5610 for those activities!

just wore it today!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
To take care of it for the future so that it's value is not diminished. Even a small scratch on a rare watch will drastically cut its resale value except in exceptional circumstances.

it's always the people who say silly things like, "duuude, get that Aston Martin db5 out of a museum and drive It like it's meant to be driven" who have little appreciation for taking care of things of value.

If this was some other mass produced watch, then sure.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

the original one will be for sale to recoupe a bit, it's not perfect, but overall in excellent shape View attachment 15541289
Don't know why I'm no longer getting notifications for so many threads, this one included, but glad to see you got it in! I was just about to ask what you'll be using instead; the 5610 is a great GADA square.

·
Registered
300 Posts
To take care of it for the future so that it's value is not diminished. Even a small scratch on a rare watch will drastically cut its resale value except in exceptional circumstances.

it's always the people who say silly things like, "duuude, get that Aston Martin db5 out of a museum and drive It like it's meant to be driven" who have little appreciation for taking care of things of value.

His decision makes sense. He's still wearing the watch. I had interpreted it at first as him not wearing it at all. Although, this now qualifies as a three watch collection.

If I was worried about preserving value, I'd keep the original bezel on, put it on a comfy resin strap, and save the new bezel and the bracelet until a future point you want to sell and swap them out.

·
Registered
949 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I really like the titanium squares, but they are still kinda mass-produced. It's not like they're a commemorative or numbered edition.

As far as it being "silly" for someone to say that a car should be driven and used as it was intended to be, well, I don't think one could ever accuse Bruce Meyer or Jay Leno of not having appreciation for things of value, lol.

What's the point of having something nice if you're not going to use it? I'm not saying one should beat and abuse nicer things... or anything for that matter, but, there's a pretty big difference between appreciating something of value, and just having something hoping its value will appreciate.

As far as the user that replaced the bezel, seems they're still using it and either just want to keep it in as nice of shape as possible, or wearing it in situations less prone to damage.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Watches are meant to be worn and enjoyed. I don’t consider any of my watches an investment.

I wore the tb1everywhere during the first few weeks and dinged the bezel . Just an eye sore for me, so I replacedthe bezel and stopped wearing it to the gym/doing hard chores. I actually wore a Rolex submariner to the gym for a few years. So I don’t really baby watches.

I plan to keep the tb1 for a long time because it has some sentimental value to me, so I want to keep it as nice as possible.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi All,

Firstly let me be utterly clear ... this post is not a complaint.

I absolutely love the G-Shock square. In fact I own over 20. Apart from the dream of tracking down an original DW-5000 in decent condition, I think this may be my perfect G-Shock. Black ... square ... titanium. It doesn't get much better.

Also I am a great believer in allowing my watches ( no matter what the purchase price ) to acquire their own character through the knocks, bumps and scratches they suffer in daily use.

All that said, I was surprised to turn it over recently and see how this scratch revealed an almost white surface under the DLC coating.

I love it all the more, and hope you love yours too.

:-D
Neily San

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi All,

Firstly let me be utterly clear ... this post is not a complaint.

I absolutely love the G-Shock square. In fact I own over 20. Apart from the dream of tracking down an original DW-5000 in decent condition, I think this may be my perfect G-Shock. Black ... square ... titanium. It doesn't get much better.

Also I am a great believer in allowing my watches ( no matter what the purchase price ) to acquire their own character through the knocks, bumps and scratches they suffer in daily use.

All that said, I was surprised to turn it over recently and see how this scratch revealed an almost white surface under the DLC coating.

I love it all the more, and hope you love yours too.

:-D
Neily San

Have you tried rubbing that mark off with your fingernail? It appears to be transfer from the other material the bracelet brushed into and not necessarily a scratch that cut through the dlc.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you tried rubbing that mark off with your fingernail? It appears to be transfer from the other material the bracelet brushed into and not necessarily a scratch that cut through the dlc.

Hmmm,
Doesn't rub off with fingertip or fingernail :-/

41 - 60 of 101 Posts