WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying from Gnomon a Steinhart OVM 39mm, I am in the UK and have a couple of questions for UK folks who have bought from Gnomon:

- at a list price of $499 do you get hit with customs tax, and if yes how is it invoiced, ie does the carrier ask for payment before they deliver it, after, or on the doorstep upon delivery
- what if there are issues with the watch, does it go back to Gnomon or Steinhart

Thanks

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Gnomon declare a lower value on the watch so you will pay little or no import duty. If there is an issue you will have to return the watch to Gnomon and not Steinhart.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gnomon declare a lower value on the watch so you will pay little or no import duty. If there is an issue you will have to return the watch to Gnomon and not Steinhart.
Thanks, and thanks Gnomon ;)

Re if there are any issues, I thought it would go back to Gnomon if there was an issue having received it, but with a 2 year warranty by Steinhart would it still go back to Gnomon if there was an issue after say 18 months or so?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks, and thanks Gnomon ;)

Re if there are any issues, I thought it would go back to Gnomon if there was an issue having received it, but with a 2 year warranty by Steinhart would it still go back to Gnomon if there was an issue after say 18 months or so?
For any issue that occurs during the warranty period the watch has to go back to Gnomon and not Steinhart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts