WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well not really goin' back, as this is my first Cali. I've been waiting for one to show up, and it's the only thing that could have got me to sell my Ha'i Q (which I still miss, btw). Got this from a forum friend, and I believe it was the last one out of the shop new, number XIV (thanks ultimately to Chris too, he may confirm or deny).

This is a great timepiece. Tool and jewel. Classic and modern. Traditional and innovative. Different feel and look on all the great straps/bracelet. I love it. Here are some pics...

Cheers,
HBL

·
Registered
739 Posts
Awesome pics of an awesome watch!!

I absolutely love the Cali dial. Looks great on the orange strap.

Can't believe they're not making more of these...o|

Enjoy it. :-!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Absolutely outstanding. I really love the California dial with the blue and orange Baliha'i hands. All fun with just the right amount of funk, this is what boutique watch brands are supposed to be about.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Hidden Congradulations!! Sure is a beauty.:-! I just got my Project 1 today too! Several from the Tiki bar have already said hello.
Rod in Va.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Fantastic!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That looks great! The photos knocked me off my seat, big and chunky - Fantastic!

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello back, and thanks all... Looking forward to boat drinks with this on my wrist soon ;-)

Hey Hidden Congradulations!! Sure is a beauty.:-! I just got my Project 1 today too! Several from the Tiki bar have already said hello.
Rod in Va.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very unique, sad theyre not making more.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Love mine, unfortunatly it may have to go to fund another grail that just popped up onto my radar.

I have it this just about every strap option possible, SS bracelet (both buckle types), PVD braclet (both buckle typles), delaurian leather, black and orange rubber and it works so well on all.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
...No I don't think so" haha (other part of lyrics)

looks cool - came close to pulling the trigga on dat one :-!

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately(?) I go back far enough to remember most of the lyrics :roll:

Thanks Chris, glad you like (but not enough to have snagged it first ;-))

But I promise I'll let you try it on if we ever cross paths...

Cheers,
HBL

...No I don't think so" haha (other part of lyrics)

looks cool - came close to pulling the trigga on dat one :-!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Unfortunately(?) I go back far enough to remember most of the lyrics :roll:

Thanks Chris, glad you like (but not enough to have snagged it first ;-))

But I promise I'll let you try it on if we ever cross paths...

Cheers,
HBL
haha, yes I just had an arguement with someone in my office about the original tune - ofcourse I new it was a circa 1989 hit by LL Cool J and she thought it was Biggie Smalls haha (89 was the year I started University ;-))
See ya in the T-Dot

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Congrats HBL...the Cali Ha'i is such a sweet piece!!!|>

I agree with your comments regarding the Tool and Jewel, and Classic and Modern...so, so true. I have a Project 1 that I love a whole lot. Great Watch!!!:-!

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That's an awesome watch!!! it's one of my favorites... ENJOY....

BTW.. I own the Q as well, is the size difference of the Q vs Cali considerable or you don't feel it too much:think:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Hi HBL, congrats on this one. :-!
I never really was attracted to BaliHa'i and didn't get the California dials. But,I must say, something about this one works, and intrigues me.

Look forward to seeing more of this one.

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's an awesome watch!!! it's one of my favorites... ENJOY....

BTW.. I own the Q as well, is the size difference of the Q vs Cali considerable or you don't feel it too much:think:
Thanks afc; I would say it does wear larger, in particular the thickness ane the case corners; and the Delaurian strap is considerably more substantial than the one that came with my Q, which sort of adds to the overall bigger feel. So the difference to me is noticeable, but not a bad thing; it's different for everyone though.

Hi HBL, congrats on this one. :-!
I never really was attracted to BaliHa'i and didn't get the California dials. But,I must say, something about this one works, and intrigues me.

Look forward to seeing more of this one.

Cheers,
Dave.
Thank you Dave, that's interesting. When I first saw the this Cali online I wasn't attracted to it either. Then I started seeing some historical Cali dials, and my watch taste started changing as I learned and saw more... then before I knew it I had to have one of these LEs... It's such an interesting (and capable) watch to me.

Cheers,
HBL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts