WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,898 Posts
As long as your phone syncs to the local cell networks, you’re fine.

Or, if you don’t want to use the phone on cellular networks overseas, you can set the phone’s time manually, which will then sync to the watch.

There still isn’t a way to manually set the watch’s time on its own. A workaround would be to choose an alternate time zone to display as a complication, but the zones available on the watch mirror what you’ve chosen to see in the World Clock on the phone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
As long as your phone syncs to the local cell networks, you’re fine.

Or, if you don’t want to use the phone on cellular networks overseas, you can set the phone’s time manually, which will then sync to the watch.

There still isn’t a way to manually set the watch’s time on its own. A workaround would be to choose an alternate time zone to display as a complication, but the zones available on the watch mirror what you’ve chosen to see in the World Clock on the phone.
There is however no harm in having the watch network-synced, from my point of view. As long as roaming is not kickin in... :)

·
Registered
17,898 Posts
There is however no harm in having the watch network-synced, from my point of view. As long as roaming is not kickin in... :)
Then again, one watch might not work on all networks abroad, either, depending on where you’re going.

My wife has offered to get for me a new AW3 w/ LTE or iPad this summer. I’ve said that the iPad would be a better buy, as my Series 2 still works great, and a new iPad would be a huge jump from the old iPad 2 that we’ve used for the past seven years.

I also suspect that new versions of the AW will have a wider range of LTE compatibility, whether it’s due to the internals being upgraded or cellular networks accommodating them better (probably the latter).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts