WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two new arrivals to the set DW-5600MS-1 and DW-6900MS-1

(need a better camera than my iphone 5s)

IMG_6949.JPG

Right to left:

1. DW-5600BB-1ER
2. DW-5600MS-1
3. DW-6900MS-1
4. GDF100BB-1
5. GA-100-1A1ER

IMG_6953.JPG

Slapped a composite braclet onto the DW-5600BB-1ER today. (I say slapped, more like struggled and fought with it for an hour. Damn thats a tough bracelet to fit!)

While not all black I have a GD-350-1BER incoming. Had one before but sold it as it was uncomfortable. I've since read you can take the wrist "wings" off for an improved fit. Think I need different strap screws?

Satellite.png

Looking to source a G9000MS-1CR, if only I could get one at a reasonable price in the UK. (£60-£80)

41pF2N41JvL.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,271 Posts
You do not need "strap screws". You need back plate screws from a DW-5600 series or compatible Casio. I used the DW-5600 back plate screws because that is what I had on hand. Do not use back plate screws that are any longer than those from a 5600 series because the bezel screw holes and the spring bar holes are back to back.

The straps are held in place by conventional spring bars. The screws on the GD-350 once the wings are removed will obviously be too long. The DW-5600 screws are only there held in place by a little friction to fill in the void.

Now take those wings off and enjoy the watch. It will be so much better.

Here are some pictures of one of my 350's:

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Nice collection!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do not need "strap screws". You need back plate screws from a DW-5600 series or compatible Casio. I used the DW-5600 back plate screws because that is what I had on hand. Do not use back plate screws that are any longer than those from a 5600 series because the bezel screw holes and the spring bar holes are back to back.

The straps are held in place by conventional spring bars. The screws on the GD-350 once the wings are removed will obviously be too long. The DW-5600 screws are only there held in place by a little friction to fill in the void.

Now take those wings off and enjoy the watch. It will be so much better.
Thank you muchly for the tips, will be following your guidance when I receive mine. Cheers.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice all black collection indeed, well put together. GD-400MB looks like good candidate for your collection.

Thanks for suggestion. I've got the HUF version which is very nice, it's the nicest and brightest positive display I've seen so far. Living in its box for now.

More suggestion for models I should acquire are welcomed.

Reactions: Crater

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Wish the red-ish digits on the MS series would lit up red as well, but most of them actually lit up in green or blue, only the GD-100MS does red/orange. Here are some photos from other members in older threads. The 100MS is probably the only G with red illumination from the factory.

From thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/gd-100ms-3-a-529482.html , here's the negative display GD-100MS-3.
From thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/red-el-light-756153.html , here's the positive display GD-100MS-1.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,920 Posts
Nice all-black collection, Jimmy.

Which one do you like better: the 5600MS or the 5600BB?

·
Registered
528 Posts
The new camo GD-X6900MC-1 and -3, with negative displays, will also have a red backlight, I think.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cant go wrong with matte black g shocks, I have 3 (1 9300 and 2 5600) and I love them. I put a composite bracelet on one of my 5600s and its my daily wearer. Gives a whole new dimension of the watch.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice all-black collection, Jimmy.

Which one do you like better: the 5600MS or the 5600BB?
Gonna say 5600BB. Love it's simplicity and even though it's a negative display the digits are very readable and brighten up nicely in bright light while the rest of the watch goes super black! Nice effect.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
The new camo GD-X6900MC-1 and -3, with negative displays, will also have a red backlight, I think.
I think there are some confusions whether it's "MC" or "CM" out there in the web. Some sites are listing them as "MC" and others as "CM". I can only find "CM" in official Casio sites though, so the correct model name should be GD-X6900CM. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, some photos out there are showing a blue color LED, not red.

Anyone here have the GD-X6900CM, can you mind to verify the color of the LEDs? Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think there are some confusions whether it's "MC" or "CM" out there in the web. Some sites are listing them as "MC" and others as "CM". I can only find "CM" in official Casio sites though, so the correct model name should be GD-X6900CM. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, some photos out there are showing a blue color LED, not red.

Anyone here have the GD-X6900CM, can you mind to verify the color of the LEDs? Thanks!
MC are new models released earlier this month in Japan. The negatives have a red LED, there's a thread about them on here if you go fishing for it.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
MC are new models released earlier this month in Japan. The negatives have a red LED, there's a thread about them on here if you go fishing for it.
Geez, that's confusing! So there exist both 6900CM and 6900MC. Can they think of a better way to confuse buyers? LOL ;-)

Ok confirmed, Red LED! http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/watch_detail/GD-X6900MC-1/

As for the OP, sorry for diverting from your topic. Nice collection you have, as they say once you go black, you never go back! XD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts