WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

When on holiday, how many watches do you bring with you?

• Just one "apocolypse" watch

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • 2-5 to cover most situations

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • >5 because no way I could choose!

Votes: 5 5.0%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you go on holiday / vacation, how many watches do you bring with you?

I realize a lot will depend on what you're doing (beach, mountains, camping, dinner parties, etc.), for how long you're away, and where you're going.

I'm about to head off on a longer trip where I'm basically living a second life (my not-too-distant retirement), it's not really a "holiday" so much, so I'll bring probably 10 watches to cover the road trip, outdoors activities, casual lunches, dinner parties, light construction/renovation, and just kicking around.

But even for a weekend I'd bring at least two, but probably three, watches with me.

GWM5610, Orient Mako III (white dial), and Protrek PRW2500R-1 are my "top 3" right now; I'd throw in the 9400 Rangeman and GG-1000 Mudmaster for a "top 5".

Funnily, if it had to be only one, it'd have to be the Rangeman. If I can bring three, the Rangeman is just not as pretty, so gets bumped down.

What do you tend to do? Just one watch (a GWG-1000 would probably cover every possible use-case quite well)? Or do you bring a selection from which to choose?

And post up pics of your "top 3"!

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
If I am driving? Four (one on wrist, three in my watch roll). If I am flying? One.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Seiko diver(s) BFK for actual swimming/beach and A.N.other for everything else.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
Never more than two. These days, generally a G and then something else not too expensive. Just got back from vaca actually, but took 2 Gs actually because I wanted to give the GST some sun since it was on low.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One is enough for a couple of weeks, i dont want to run the risk and have the others stolen or get lost.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Depends what your travel arrangements are...If I'm going to stay with family, I'd bring whatever amount of watches I wanted to. My travel roll has 10 spaces. If it's business or any other hotel stay. I just bring what's on my wrist...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts