WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Sponsor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"After serving the Dive Watch Community for almost 15 years, it is with very heavy hearts that I have decided to close ZIXEN WATCH INC. "The decision to close our doors has been extraordinarily difficult. We postponed it for as long as possible,and arrived at this conclusion only after immense consideration. However, due to several factors, it's no longer financially feasible for ZIXEN to continue to operate. "Market factors have played the most significant role. Our facility was built to support product demand at the height of Micro watch Brand movement, but our sales never fully recovered following the Great Recession. We have watched our sales dwindle dramatically to only 20 percent of production capacity, while overhead expenses have continued to increase. Our consistently reduced levels of sales simply cannot cover the fixed costs required to operate. "Additionally, the entire Global mechanical watch industry is now being challenged by the new trends in electronic media and gadgets. ZIXEN WATCH INC would like to express our deepest gratitude to all of our partners, customers, fans and others who have supported ZIXEN over the past 12 years, and who continue to support us now. We will continue selling the inventory we currently have on hand over next couple of months ahead. We are now offering a 40% discount on all existing inventory. please e mail us at [email protected] addition if you are interested in the latest new project which we completed few months ago the ZIXEN Pilot Chronograph mechanical wind, we have a limited number in stock 15 units that are also on clearance, $850.00. e mail us for detail and available inventory. Thanks again to all of our fan worldwide and wish you all success, health, and happiness!!

Yours truly,

Joe Sadri

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Font Fashion accessory Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Brown

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Sorry to see you go Joe...Feel a little bad that I can now afford the PVD/Yellow DSR-Sport 1000 as long as it fits.Does ANYONE know the end to end length of this watch?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This is terrible, sorry to see you go. I only own one and I actually have it on now....I'll have to check my funds.....I love the nitrox...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Such a shame. I've owned a Zixen before and the quality is phenomenal. Sorry to see it come to an end and I wish you the best.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sorry to hear that you will be shutting down. The Trimix with the Pepsi bezel was one of my grail watches but I never saved enough to finally pull the trigger. Good luck with your future endeavors!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Sad news. Hate to hear it.

FWIW, all of the watches had the prices raised, so the 40% is useless.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Sorry to hear,
I always loved your works... I wish you the best.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
A sad day for me Joe !

One of my all time favorite micro brand.
Best vintage design and awesome quality.

I still own 14 ZIXEN/ZINEX watches. Love them all....

Thanks for your great watches Joe !

·
Registered
6,338 Posts

Yup. I didn't wanna be the first to say but what a horrible strategy. Can't pull a fast one on dive watch freaks like us. And $850 isn't really a good deal for that Asian Chronograph.

And it's not 15 years, more like 8 years, isn't it ? 2 years after Prometheus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,885 Posts

I completlly disagree!
Well over a year I've been looking for a bad a$$ PVD/Yellow diver that could stand crown to crown with the baddest freaking PVD/Orange diver ever built.I just pulled the trigger on this(Demo's pic)and knowing the build quality I will get,a mesh bracelet comparable to the high $ German stuff,a unique design and the fact that my next and only other choice was a $2000.00 PVD/Yellow Squale with no better build quality 40% off is a decent enough buy to get my very very hard earned $...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry to read this Joe, you were one of the good guys in the micro watch world. I wish you every success in your future plans.

Kindest regards
Graeme

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I completlly disagree!
Well over a year I've been looking for a bad a$$ PVD/Yellow diver that could stand crown to crown with the baddest freaking PVD/Orange diver ever built.I just pulled the trigger on this(Demo's pic)and knowing the build quality I will get,a mesh bracelet comparable to the high $ German stuff,a unique design and the fact that my next and only other choice was a $2000.00 PVD/Yellow Squale with no better build quality 40% off is a decent enough buy to get my very very hard earned $...
What are you disagreeing with? lol

Reactions: soufiane

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Reactions: soufiane

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I mentioned in a thread a couple of months ago that it's lack of any noise lately would probably mean Zixen was yet another micro going the way of the dodo. As I stated then, I hate to see this micro go as it actually provided fantastic designs and not wannabes. Too bad the clone makers get a chance to thrive where the people with an actual imagination dwindle. Also too bad that imagination came at such a cost.

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
Joe,

This is disheartening news for the watch world. Zinex / Zixen was one of the pioneering companies that brought quality, great vintage inspired designs and excellent customer service to a budding Microbrand watch era. I believe I have owned or handled just about every watch model you have produced over the past 15 years. It has been a pleasure photographing dive watches for you and your company. You have become a friend over these many years.

I know you are a great dive watch collector and user. I hope to see you visiting the forum from time to time in the future.

Cheers,

-Dave

1 - 20 of 91 Posts