WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WUS,

I am going to Hong Kong next week and, of course, would like to see if I can get a watch over there for a decent price. If any of you have been there, or are from, or live in HK, please share some reputable watch shops (ADs) that I should check out. I am also looking into pre-owned pieces, knowing that there is a huge market in Hk for them. I am staying in Wanchai - Causeway Bay Area.

Thanks to everyone in advance!!! |>

·
Registered
433 Posts
You could check out the tsim sha Tsui area, plenty of shops and ad's in that area. If you're looking at preowned/vintage you could check out pnf times or vintage concept. Pnf times has a larger range, whereas vintage concept is more rolex oriented.

I would always suggest to haggle the price. Given the retail market isn't so booming, shops are always up for a good deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
For boutiques (new watches):

Opposite the entrance of Times Square in Causeway Bay.

'1881 Heritage' next to Ocean Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Hanoi Road and Mody Road wrapped around the Hyatt Regency in TST.

To be honest you will see boutiques just by walking around the main shopping areas in Central, Admiralty, CWB, and TST.

For second hand watches:

Champagne court on Kimberley Road in Tsim Sha Tsui -

champagne.jpg

Yan On Building on Dundas street in Mong Kok (entrance opposite the medical center) -

dundas.jpg

Do your research and have conversion rates handy on your phone. Enjoy your time in HK!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks to everyone for your help!!

I am staying in Hong Kong island and TST and Mong Kok are a ferry ride away right? I hope it isn't too expensive! Haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yes, I am prepared to haggle on the price but am not expecting much, especially on new ones.

Are the prices close to the MSRP?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wow thanks to everyone for your help!!

I am staying in Hong Kong island and TST and Mong Kok are a ferry ride away right? I hope it isn't too expensive! Haha...

You can take the star ferry to TST which will put you close to 1881 Heritage and Ocean Terminal which also has some boutiques. The underground rail (MTR) can also be taken to TST and Mong Kok. They are both cheap to use.

And yes, I am prepared to haggle on the price but am not expecting much, especially on new ones.

Are the prices close to the MSRP?

What watch/es were you thinking of getting?

Discounts really depend on the brand as well as the watch itself. Rolex and PP isn't going to be discounted as much as other brands. I walked in to one of the AD's here to look at their Zenith lineup and was offered 25% off pretty much right away without even knowing the sales guy. I know more % can be taken off that through grey market or personal contacts etc but it just shows what kind of offers they make. You can work your way from there.

For second hand watches you obviously won't get as much % off but should still able to get something. They do price them quite competitively so like I said before, it's best to go in armed with knowledge first.

Reactions: Alen David

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can take the star ferry to TST which will put you close to 1881 Heritage and Ocean Terminal which also has some boutiques. The underground rail (MTR) can also be taken to TST and Mong Kok. They are both cheap to use.

What watch/es were you thinking of getting?

Discounts really depend on the brand as well as the watch itself. Rolex and PP isn't going to be discounted as much as other brands. I walked in to one of the AD's here to look at their Zenith lineup and was offered 25% off pretty much right away without even knowing the sales guy. I know more % can be taken off that through grey market or personal contacts etc but it just shows what kind of offers they make. You can work your way from there.

For second hand watches you obviously won't get as much % off but should still able to get something. They do price them quite competitively so like I said before, it's best to go in armed with knowledge first.
Thanks so much for the tips on how to get to TST and Mong Kok. I already noted down the options on the itinerary.

For what I'm looking for, nothing too crazy. Tudor Pelagos, Omega PO/SeaM/Speedy, maybe a Seiko MM300, among others (and I gravitate towards divers).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts