WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I know there are a few threads on this subject but would like an update. I'm going to Bangalore and Mumbai next week and would like to purchase an HMT Sona. Are they still available and if so, where's the best place to buy them?

Thanks

·
Banned
936 Posts
Loads of shops have HMTs. Both Mumbai and Bangalore have HMT showrooms. Look them up online. You may also come across some other amazing watches from Seiko,Citizen, tissot,etc i.e New old stock. I am stumbling upon rare watches all the time. You could also meet up with Watchuseek members. We have a group and often have GTGs. We are planning one in Mumbai soon so you could join us.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I struggled to find HMT watches in general watch stores in India, so I suggest searching out a showroom. The showroom I went to in Kochi was small and difficult to find, but I had quite a fun time checking out the numerous models including ltd edition pieces, and the owner was very interested to talk about how I knew about HMT.

Have a great trip - Mumbai is an awesome place!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Especially in places like Mumbai, there are still quite a few shops that are likely to have some HMT watches in stock. Sona and Janata should likely be the more readily available units. However, you may have to do a bit of serious poking and prodding to get them to pull them out for you to see. In several cases, they may try to convince you to go for a Titan instead since they sell for a higher price, so they'll get more money if they can sell you on that instead. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just picked my HMT up from Kamdar and Kamdar, located in a place called Dadar Circle. Congested as hell but lively and very friendly. I'd ask for a 10% discount, which is what I got for my New Old Stock Janata. They had a couple of the rarer and more desirable Automatics in stock as well. I'd hurry, once they're gone, they're gone and it was hard to find a seller with old stock.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to be at the Bandra Kurla Complex, any tips as to what watch shops might be closer to that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're still here,in Bangalore, head to Barton Center on MG Road. There's an HMT shop on the first floor.

·
Banned
936 Posts
If you're at Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) quite a few shops nearby (5-7km) distance which stock HMTs. Kamdaar & Kamdaar @ Dadar is near by as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts