WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the odds I pick up a watch?
I'm not looking for one, but I asn't looking last year when I found the Astromat.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
What are the odds I pick up a watch?
I'm not looking for one, but I asn't looking last year when I found the Astromat.
This is a suckers bet and I'm not biting. Post the pic when you get back.

OBLIGATORY COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREDICTION: LSU 31 Notre Dame 17

Of course I'm biased.

Todd

·
Registered
531 Posts
the only thing you're going to get is a cold. you might as well just transfer the funds to me, so you won't have any cause to buy a watch.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,032 Posts
I think you'll receive the funds from ejc the day you sign the contract for the frozen jello wrestling circuit of 64 title bouts in back to back matches in 32 cities on consecutive weekends googoo. Its a round robin format so you're in it till the end. :-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only thing you're going to get is a cold. you might as well just transfer the funds to me, so you won't have any cause to buy a watch.
I don't think so, 60deg in NY this weekend. We may take shorts.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think you'll receive the funds from ejc the day you sign the contract for the frozen jello wrestling circuit of 64 title bouts in back to back matches in 32 cities on consecutive weekends googoo. Its a round robin format so you're in it till the end. :-d :-d :-d
BRING IT ON!!!!!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think so, 60deg in NY this weekend. We may take shorts.
We got into Manahattan around 11pm.
Walking around the only watches available for viewing were Swatches. Not interested.
We'll see what happens at Torneau tomorrow.

Hard to believe that we're walking around NY in Jan in shirt sleeves

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steady now ejc, I just checked the noaa forcast site and the radar to the north looks very murky but pushing north so you may be in with luck for the next few days. Looking forward to the review.
THe forcast is for rain this AM thencloudy and 68F.
The bushes are showing sprouts, it would seem everything is a bit confused this winter
I can live with this.
They can keep the snow in Colorado

It's 8am, time for coffee and in a bit off to the watch shops

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THe forcast is for rain this AM thencloudy and 68F.
The bushes are showing sprouts, it would seem everything is a bit confused this winter
I can live with this.
They can keep the snow in Colorado

It's 8am, time for coffee and in a bit off to the watch shops
Will try to hit Wempe, Tourneua, Kenjo, Louis Martin.
Wife wants to hit some museums, may be difficult trying to get lost and only stumbling across watch shops. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
571 Posts
Will try to hit Wempe, Tourneua, Kenjo, Louis Martin.
Wife wants to hit some museums, may be difficult trying to get lost and only stumbling across watch shops. Will keep you posted
LOL!!! :-d :-d

Hey Elliot I have just one comment - thank goodness you dentists charge such high fees - you should be able to afford a watch from each of those stores :p :)

I look forward to hearing what you add to the collection b-)

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL!!! :-d :-d

Hey Elliot I have just one comment - thank goodness you dentists charge such high fees - you should be able to afford a watch from each of those stores :p :)

I look forward to hearing what you add to the collection b-)

Cheers,
Not looking for anything, but who knows. I've reached the stage where I'm getting very particular.
Got a few porcelain inlays lined up for when I get back

·
Registered
571 Posts

Not looking for anything, but who knows. I've reached the stage where I'm getting very particular.
:-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i believe if the groundhog sees his shadow, it means another two watches
Had a great day walking aroung the city. Hard to believe it was 70F today, just unbelievable weather.

The wife found a bracelet and earings. I figured that would make it easier for me should I find a watch, and it solved the problem of what to get her for her birthday.

But I didn't buy anything. Found a used White gold perpetual at Tourneau but at $44Kusd I decided to pass. It was a tough choice, but I decided to leave the money in juniors college fund since he got his acceptance he's going need it.

Then I was very tempted on a AOPA 806 Navi at Aaron Faber. But was turned off since it was gold and I thought the $4500 price was a bit too much.

But, I did get a line on a great price on a Rebel XTI kit - $699. I may pick it up in the morning.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,381 Posts
Had a great day walking aroung the city. Hard to believe it was 70F today, just unbelievable weather...
But, I did get a line on a great price on a Rebel XTI kit - $699. I may pick it up in the morning.
Hi, Elliot. Glad you had a good trip and weather to go with it! Did you stop by to see Sec? Too bad you couldn't get an advance from the kiddo's college fund to secure a new piece. Hey, if you can't find parts for the Jaeger, sell it and get a new piece! Now there's a suggestion for you. Did you pick up the camera? If so, we're waiting for some pics from you. Stop making excuses and get with the program! ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, Elliot. Glad you had a good trip and weather to go with it! Did you stop by to see Sec? Too bad you couldn't get an advance from the kiddo's college fund to secure a new piece. Hey, if you can't find parts for the Jaeger, sell it and get a new piece! Now there's a suggestion for you. Did you pick up the camera? If so, we're waiting for some pics from you. Stop making excuses and get with the program! ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron
Tried to see Sec but the Wall St store is closed on Weekends. Glad that I called first. Called him to say Hi today. His kid turns 2 next week.

I'm waiting for Hans to return from Switzerland tnhe he'll return the Jaeger to me. I'll try to sell it for parts.

The camera arrived today. I havn't seen it yet. I ended up getting it from J&R. I've dealt with them for years. Didn't trust the guys who gave me the $699 offer and after taxes it would have been $758, ya just gotta love that NYC sales tax of 8.357%. J&R (also in NY) dealt on the phone came down a bit so in the end the camera cost me about $15 more - $770

Now I'll have to decide what to do with the old Rebel 6mp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts