WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't contain my excitement so I had to post this! I am headed to my Rolex AD in the morning to look at (and hopefully purchase) a Rolex DSSD so long as I like the fit and....price ($12.5K). I called them yesterday and they have one in stock. I am looking forward to trying it on and seeing how it fits. I currently own a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf and love the size and fit. I am looking to step up to the Rolex world and the DSSD looks to be right down my ally. No real agenda here just wanted to tell some people. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If the Seawolf doesn't bother u, the dssd won't either...

Shop around u May be able to find a better deal, but nothing beats the good purchasing experience from an AD

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
What a watch......totally love mine! :-!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I can't contain my excitement so I had to post this! I am headed to my Rolex AD in the morning to look at (and hopefully purchase) a Rolex DSSD so long as I like the fit and....price ($12.5K). I called them yesterday and they have one in stock. I am looking forward to trying it on and seeing how it fits. I currently own a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf and love the size and fit. I am looking to step up to the Rolex world and the DSSD looks to be right down my ally. No real agenda here just wanted to tell some people. Thanks for listening.
Hold on there... the rumored blue face DSSD is to be announced Monday...

Official Rolex Website - Timeless Luxury Watches

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the DSSD, and while it is rather quite a large and heavy watch - it is very elegant particularly when worn with a woven perlon strap.
Personally I prefer my submariner, just because its lighter and smaller (my two cents).

Good luck and have fun :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Went to two AD today and neither would negotiate. I had cash in hand ($12,000) and still could not strike any kind of deal. Neither dealer would budge...retail price only. Looks like I will be ordering online from a jeweler that I have used in the past. He is a grey market dealer. I have purchased several watches though him including my Breiling. Will let you guys know when I recieve it. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been thinking of getting one, Jomashop via eBay has DSSDs priced at $8999.99 until Monday...
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased it through their eBay store. Got it for 25% off of retail. That is a pretty signifcant savings ($3,013). I can deal without a Rolex warranty for that kind of savings. I have an authorized RSC within driving distance if I need to have it serviced and with the savings I should still come out way ahead. I will post pics once I recieve it. It should be here sometime next week. Additionally, I have ordered from JomaShop in the past and have experieced no issues with them but I have heard that their customer service after the sale is lacking. Not sure about their in-house warranty either but I will be using the local RSC for that anyways. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
OT

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased it through their eBay store. Got it for 25% off of retail. That is a pretty signifcant savings ($3,013). I can deal without a Rolex warranty for that kind of savings. I have an authorized RSC within driving distance if I need to have it serviced and with the savings I should still come out way ahead. I will post pics once I recieve it. It should be here sometime next week. Additionally, I have ordered from JomaShop in the past and have experieced no issues with them but I have heard that their customer service after the sale is lacking. Not sure about their in-house warranty either but I will be using the local RSC for that anyways. Thanks again.
There are only 3 RSC in the United States: Beverly Hills, Dallas and New York. Driving to the closest one to you would take over 7 hours. Do you really consider that local?

From the Rolex site: Rolex Affiliates & Service Centres

:-s

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No, I do not consider that close. My AD said they were a certified Rolex Service Center? If not, then the AD has lied to me...or I misunderstood?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
No, I do not consider that close. My AD said they were a certified Rolex Service Center? If not, then the AD has lied to me...or I misunderstood?
Maybe one of the authorized Rolex retailers near you meant they could send it to Rolex for service?

Authorized retailers near you: Rolex Dealers Locator - Rolex Timeless Luxury Watches

My experience has been that it is better and faster to send my watches directly to one of the RSC's myself. This assures direct communications between Rolex and myself, and guarantees that I will receive all that comes back with the watch (paperwork, packaging, service warranty, etc.).

HTH

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe one of the authorized Rolex retailers near you meant they could send it to Rolex for service?

Authorized retailers near you: Rolex Dealers Locator - Rolex Timeless Luxury Watches

My experience has been that it is better and faster to send my watches directly to one of the RSC's myself. This assures direct communications between Rolex and myself, and guarantees that I will receive all that comes back with the watch (paperwork, packaging, service warranty, etc.).

HTH
Thanks for the clarification. That is totally not what I gathered from the way the local AD described/explained
it to me. I specifically asked if I needed any work/service done on my Rolex could they do it? The explicit answer I received was yes we can. We are certified by Rolex to service it. As long as there are no aftermarket parts then we can handle it in house. I could see their "service center" from the show room floor with techs working on stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. That is totally not what I gathered from the way the local AD described/explained
it to me. I specifically asked if I needed any work/service done on my Rolex could they do it? The explicit answer I received was yes we can. We are certified by Rolex to service it. As long as there are no aftermarket parts then we can handle it in house. I could see their "service center" from the show room floor with techs working on stuff.
Dealers can certainly be misleading. Particularly with a DSSD, I doubt your local dealer even has the necessary equipment to test the water resistance down to the rated 14,080 feet (12,800 x 110%). You can test them by asking about that in particular, as well as whether the Service Warranty they should provide after service comes on Rolex letterhead.

If you deal directly with a RSC, you are assured that fully trained Rolex service technicians will work on your watch, using Rolex approved equipment, backed by a Rolex warranty.

HTH

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dealers can certainly be misleading. Particularly with a DSSD, I doubt your local dealer even has the necessary equipment to test the water resistance down to the rated 14,080 feet (12,800 x 110%). You can test them by asking about that in particular, as well as whether the Service Warranty they should provide after service comes on Rolex letterhead.

If you deal directly with a RSC, you are assured that fully trained Rolex service technicians will work on your watch, using Rolex approved equipment, backed by a Rolex warranty.

HTH
Thanks, you have been more than helpful. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Dealers can certainly be misleading. Particularly with a DSSD, I doubt your local dealer even has the necessary equipment to test the water resistance down to the rated 14,080 feet (12,800 x 110%). You can test them by asking about that in particular

yes, they are often deliberately misleading: the pic is of Rolex's test chamber for the dssd, only one and it's at the rolex factory. Even the RSC will have to send the watch back to the factory for a pressure test.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
no offence guys BUT Rolex absolutely 100000000% have AUTHORIZED ROLEX SERVICE CENTERS that are based out of ADS. Not Many but basically they are an offshoot of RSC. Toronto Canada for one has 2 authorized Rolex service facilities that are NOT located at RSC headquarters on st.clair in Toronto.just saying.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts