WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been given a gold watch with the name HAMILTON on the face. The face is white. Each link of the strap is marked "Speidel. USA". There are also some initials and a date on the back of the watch. The date is 8-28-52.

Doe anyone know anything about this watch? I can post some pictures if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yes please post clear close up pictures, if possible also of the movement and inside the back of the case. It could be any of a wide range of models from Hamilton. Being from 1952 or older it will be a good quality watch. The Speidel strap is aftermarket, commonly found on older American wristwatches.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have recently been given a gold watch with the name HAMILTON on the face. The face is white. Each link of the strap is marked "Speidel. USA". There are also some initials and a date on the back of the watch. The date is 8-28-52.

It sounds like the one I lost.

Please return it to me immediately.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
It sounds like the one I lost.

Please return it to me immediately.
Wait a minute... didn't I loan you that watch? Send it directly to me instead :-d

Seriously, pics would help a lot. Hamilton was a world class watchmaker in this period. My watchmaker loves working on them. They are class. I would say they are generally the most undervalued watch on the market today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts