WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across these pictures on another forum and I am curious what caliber is in Patek and in GP and what is the year of manufacture for these pocket watches. Member who posted these pictures could not tell me anything about watches because they belong to his grandfather, so I am hoping that I'll find some info here on WUS. :)

Patek Philippe

Girard Perregaux

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunatelly no.

These pocket watches are just small part of the collection that is safely secured in bank vault. He does not have access to them and pictures were sent to him by his grandfather so this is it. I'm not buying them and he is not selling them, I'm just curious about these pocket watches. So I thought to post pictures here (with permission) hoping that maybe someone know something more.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The PP should be easy. A polite note to PP stating that you saw a picture of SN xxx and fell in love with it, you would like to know the Model and Calibre of the watch for future reference, should get you the information you need.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nsmike, to be honest I never thought of doing that. I just sent them a note relating to this timepiece. :-!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
I'm not really sure that it's worth it in this case. As far as I know, PP charge you half an arm and a leg for that sort of thing.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Pictures of the hallmarks will help in dating. The serial number on the Patek seems low but I really don't have sufficient knowledge at this end of the market to say anything of real use.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
I am not sure that it is a repeater. The slide on the edge of the case is more characteristic of a sonnerie. Still, can't be sure without a picture of the innards.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The GP is almost feminine, with the delicate ornamentation. No, not ugly, but very dressy!

Both pieces look to be in amazingly minty condition.

If your frind wants more info, I am sorry to say he has to ask his granddad to go and take some more pictures. They can contain some standard movements (if we can call anything PP has done or does as standard) or some fantastic ones.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with work lately. Thank you all for your time and thank you Roland for provided information about Patek Philippe. :)
I requested additional pictures of the movements from owner, so I will post them here if I ever receive them.

·
Premium Member
12,919 Posts
nice pocket watches :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts