WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,.
My great-grandfather bought this 18 carat gold pocket watch in the former Dutch East Indies, today of course known as Indonesia. I think he must have bought it somewhere in the twenties or thirties. The text on the dial says 'Chronomètre Perla, A. Schönmann, Soerabaja'. I am guessing the first is the brand name, the second the jeweller's name. The third is a city in the former Dutch east Indies. Can anyone tell me something about this watch? I am a complete amateur in this still.. I included pictures of teh watch and its movement. Thanks!! 20180223_080344.jpg 20180223_092228.jpg 20180223_092626.jpg 20180223_091926.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, interesting! I cannot find the like button on this page but I do like your reply :) I may not be far off then with my estimate that he bought it in the twenties. Or does it look older to you?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
thanks, interesting! I cannot find the like button on this page but I do like your reply :) I may not be far off then with my estimate that he bought it in the twenties. Or does it look older to you?
I like your photos, and I wish that all new forum members did such a great job documenting their watches when asking questions. It's incredibly helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts