WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ! i am new to the forum .. i am from montreal canada .

I im going to buy a 2 tone T-classic tissot watch with open heart. Its going to be my first gold and silver watch. So my question is the following , does the gold tend to fade with time or get erased by being scratched !? My movado have a few scratches mark on the band under the wrist wich is normal. But i was wondering if the gold will be erased with time !? or if it get scratched will it show silver tone underneat?

Sry formy broken english , french is my first language !!! thx you guys !

17917458_808491949300063_5154106497425800219_o.jpg

here is the tissot im looking to buy

·
Registered
752 Posts
Everything on the dial under the glass should be protected from wear, the bracelet, not so much. The clasp area will be subject to the most wear, but the rest will get scratches as well, and I doubt you will be able to buff and polish them out without removing the plating somewhat.

The thing is, you will only notice the wear in the clasp area when you put it on, as you look at the dial mostly once it is on the wrist, you will notice the wear on the rest of the bracelet more, but it will take longer to develop than on the clasp.

Best advice for longevity is to switch the bracelet to a strap on occasion, it also adds some versatility and keeps the watch looking fresh. Dark brown would work well with this watch.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The gold wont fade, but it will scratch. Since its a PVD type coating on these it would be possible to scratch all the way through the coating to the base metal. Would take a pretty deep scratch though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's PVD Coated which is better quality that ion plating (thicker, and much better applied). It will not fade on it's own unless subjected to chlorine, or a few other harsh chemicals.

However over time scratches will wear the layers down. How long that will take depends on how often you wear it, and the environment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts