·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,207 Posts
Where did you find that?

I've not seen anything like it. It looks more substantial than the mech modules of the PTS D-series combos. Magic Lever winding, but that's hardly a clue these days. It's interesting that they decided not to go fully linear, but the big clue is in the shape of the golden bridge...

The 'J'-shaped bridge and the anchor-shaped rotor makes me think this is from Qingdao Zixin and possibly intended to launch a new premium range of 'Jinmao' watches.

http://www.chinazixin.com/

·
6,158 Posts
I've seen that movement come up for sale on ebay once or twice. As I'm a movement nut, I followed it, but it went for too much to buy it as a gadget. Don't remember exactly where I saw it....

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
25,142 Posts
Corum Bridge tribute from it? Or how about making some odd case shape.. like super "short" (lug to lug) but wide watch..
Seems to be it :think:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I love it...would like to see it in a case of some sort [not the Corum though ;) ]

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wow, amazing movement. It would be nice if they could make it into an extremely narrow jump hour as a woman's watch!

·
18,207 Posts
Seems to be it :think:

Nice watch, but a bit obvious. I mean linear has been done before, but the J bridge and the blingy rotor swinging around behind is a bit more creative than doing a straight homage.

It's got to be Jinmao. Surely. I wonder why I can't find it on their site? :-(

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

·
18,207 Posts
so who makes the movement?
You could try asking the Qingdao Zixin company
http://www.chinazixin.com/

I don't have any evidence that this is their work, just instinct. The J-shaped bridge and anchor-shaped rotor both suggest their Jinmao brand. As I said, I have no evidence that they are the makers but it might be worth asking them.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
ya know I was SO close to pulling the trigger on one of these yesterday [$60 shipped]...but closer inspection of the photos kinda put me off to it...it just didnt look up to snuff [I question the SS case description a little]...and in the end I was not a fan of the crystals in the rotor...

if anyone picks one up...please post some pics and a review

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This one went for $130+ (370330589193) WOW! If I'm going to get one, it will be off of Taobao.

cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
967 Posts
How would one buy off of taobao?

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
812 Posts
did anyone find out more about this movement? My question is more related to design/reliability of this movement. I am interested in one of EYKI watch housing this movement but don't want to spend close to $ 100 if the movement is hit and miss type.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts