WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has clearly gone too far now. I've bought a couple tools, bought a couple straps (just ordered a Chestnut colored HR alligator matte and steel clasp for an old steel Geneve). And new cashmere calfskin brown leather DiModell and gold butterfly deployant looks pretty good on my old Constellation, from the 1972 ad, looks pretty much like OE (except for the butterfly). I'll get some pics up one of these days.

Now I gotta find a box for watch tools.... :rodekaart

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
hehe, almost like having a new watch huh? If I don't have a new watch in mind, or the watch funds are a little low, I just get a new strap or 2 and it's like having a new watch ....almost. - David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
No way!

Are the buzzards circling from where the wife shot you? Phone constantly
ringing from the credit card companys dunning you for payment?
Have you had to work out an "easy payment" plan with your Omega AD?
Are you buying watch boxes and winders whosesale? Divorce looming?
Not nearly far enough John. I'm embarrased to post my latest SOTC.
jim

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
This has clearly gone too far now. I've bought a couple tools, bought a couple straps (just ordered a Chestnut colored HR alligator matte and steel clasp for an old steel Geneve). And new cashmere calfskin brown leather DiModell and gold butterfly deployant looks pretty good on my old Constellation, from the 1972 ad, looks pretty much like OE (except for the butterfly). I'll get some pics up one of these days.

Now I gotta find a box for watch tools.... :rodekaart
Were are the photo's John!? Why do you tease!? Do you get a sick rush from this?? I just ordered a Hadley Rome in Bordeaux, the $99 one. And the fancy $65 clasp. John Wilson.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photos will follow, my friends....

Bet that'll look pretty darned good, John. One of these days I'll take a few pics. It sure is fun, like David said, kind of like a new watch - sure makes them look different. For the old Constellation I tried a butterfly deployant, and for the old Geneve I have a single fold coming - as I understand it, they take up a bit less room for a more slender look, and I wanted to try the single anyhow just to see which I might like better.

What I have in the back of my mind now is a 3573.50 (or maybe a 3572.50), with a different band on that....

Not to mention that I saw a Casio GW5600 series retro, atomic, solar, deployant, functions up the ying-yang... about $120 - would that be a great beater or what?

Hi, my name's John and I'm ... naaahhh...not that bad yet. Yet. b-)

Hawks will prevail over Western Michigan this afternoon, and we will go bowling. Just doesn't seem right.... beautiful day here in the Heartland of America boys. Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Best, John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts