WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good affordable moon phase watch, with auto mechanical mov'mt (2824, 2892, 7750), and preferrably white face?

thnx |>

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Came across the Japanese market Citizen Complication Moon (AP1041-57E). It's Eco-Drive. Anyone know anything about it?

thnx

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a Citizen calibre 8651 that I do like but it is an Eco-drive not the mechanical you originally asked about.
What model number is it?

Could it be the AP1020-57A? It's Eco-Drive. Amazon has a great deal on it right now.

With a 180 day power reserve (info from miles-pocketwaches.com), does that mean it's the older gen Eco-Drive? The watch appears to be discontinued from Citizen current line-up. Anyone know anything about it?)

Of course I'm vearing of course from my original 'mechanical moon phase' question... ;-)

thnx |>

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What would be a good affordable moon phase watch, with auto mechanical mov'mt (2824, 2892, 7750), and preferrably white face?
thnx |>
northerner: you have a PM.
;-)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Don't pass up on the Alpha Triple Date Moon phase about 60 bucks

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Ball Moonphase is totally built. It comes in a white dial version, too.

Mr. Mod; Please delete the following part of the post if it's not within the guidelines:
I found this following industry announcement posted in another forum. Are we allowed to use it here, or provide this link to the post, to see the images?
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2144750&rid=0

N E W M o d e l – Ball Engineer Master II Moon Phase
Sep 13, 2006 - 10:51 AM
The Engineer Master Moon Phase is the first mechanical wristwatch to truly light up the Moon. Our designers incorporated a layered dial with our patented micro gas tubes to create a stunning piece. The centrally-placed Moon Phase disc features the Moon and stars lit from below with an array of Ball micro gas tubes. The Moon Phase display glows from within. Since the lights need no external power source, the wearer can know the moon phase on the cloudiest of nights, in the worst of storms.

Movement is the automatic Ball caliber 968 (base ETA) with moonphase complication.

The case, in stainless steel, measures 40mm X 13.2mm and has a AR coated sapphire crystal, a screw-in crown and is water resistant to 100 meters, antimagnetic to 4,800 amperes and shock-resistant to 5,000 Gs.

A white dial is also available, as is a stainless steel bracelet or leather strap.

MSRP is $1,199 for U.S. Market.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Never a problem referencing other forums to educate us DD!
Love that watch and have a great deal of admiration for Ball in general.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The Alpha hasn't a true moonphase, it's just a day/night indicator (24h sub-dial).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts