WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
hodinkee has a good article on the restoration of an older 300T rambler.
Funnily enough David after having purchased a used 750T recently I went and pulled the trigger on a used 300T Rambler this afternoon.

Within seconds of the purchase I received the aforementioned article via email and the watch there is VERY similar to the one I just purchased. The one shown is in far worse shape than mine but interesting to read the article about the very detailed and delicate 'restoration' that took place.

·
Registered
646 Posts
hopefully your restoration will be easier.
Hi David. I bought it from a reputable seller on a different forum. And if the pictures are true (I have little doubt they are) then the restoration will be a walk in the park compared to the one in the article.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well it arrived today, and as I said not in the real bad condition of the watch in the OP.

DOXAIMG_0131.jpg

Very very pleased with it. Two Doxa's down, several more to go when finances allow.

Can anyone recommend a new strap folks, mesh, rice etc. The strap on it will suffice for now but really want to 'take it back' to it's heyday as it were.

Seriously considering sending it off to Perth, just need to find out the price first.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously considering sending it off to Perth, just need to find out the price first.
if you do send it to Andy L, maybe ask him if it's possible to modify the new bor end links to fit the 300 case? the new bracelet is nice, a bit thicker than the original, had mine brushed by IWW.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Been speaking to Adam from the article and I'm sending this off next week for restoration work.

He sounds a top fella and loves his watches, and his knowledge and expertise are great.

I've posted these 'before' pics as I have said to Adam I will post more as the work progresses.

We still can't figure out the case back, and I 'think' hands may be aftermarket. I've seen a few vintage Doxa's with the same markings though.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest to some and I'll be updating when Adam sends me through some more pictures.

RES1DSCN1079.jpg

RES2DSCN1080.jpg

RES3DSCN1082.jpg

RES4DSCN1083.jpg

RES5DSCN1084.jpg

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Been a while since last update, but heard from Adam today and he included some latest pictures.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can't thank Adam enough over there in Australia.

Cant wait to get it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts