WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model number WJF211C.BA0570 (Link, brown face, calibre 6) for $1695 at an Authorized Dealer (not through John's AD referral)- is this pretty much as good a deal I can get? Is the brown face less popular than the black face (hence better discount)? I originally wanted to get it in the black face the but the AD doesn't have it in stock and said I may not get as good discount. The brown is starting to grow on me...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sorry, abut off topic here, but if that uses a calibre 6, same as a monaco automatic, why is the monaco more expensive?

im guessing you pay for the status of the Monaco?

·
Registered
595 Posts
For that much money, I wouldn't settle for a different dial color. If black is what you want, then you should get the black dial even if it means paying a little extra for it. Dealers (gray and legitimate ADs) will generally give a better discount on a less desirable version of a model. In this case, it would be that brown dial version.

Have you contacted John's AD? They weren't able to give you the same discount for the black dial? 30 - 35% off the retail price is the best I've seen at an AD for a Tag. It seems that 20% off is about average.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have the one with Black Dial from Amazon, for less than that.

Can someone please pm me with John's AD?

Thanks,

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sounds like the dealer wants to get rid of his "Old Stock" first to me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new Link Cal 6 watches are in stores now. They are 42mm rather than the smallish 39mm. Something to consider.......
I wondered about that how the website advertsied 42mm but the store told me 39mm...actually I prefer the 39mm as I have a smaller wrist. Anyways, I've decided to hold off the brown dial.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I tend to agree. Incidentally the new link with brown face is absolutely stunning! Has a little more depth to it than the black IMO (which I had previously fallen for). But then of course if you're anything like me you'll get great satisfaction from such a good deal.

Sorry not to be more helpful.
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts